× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Cannot get my RBR850 to operate with my Nighthawk M6 Pro

Gr84caster
Tutor

Cannot get my RBR850 to operate with my Nighthawk M6 Pro

I have an NetGear Nighthawk M6 pro 5G hotspot that is my only access to the internet.  I have an ORBI RDR850 that I was able to use with my old 4G Nighthawk hotspot but when I hook up the rj45 cable and activate the ethernet function there is nothing at the ORBI. It's like it doesn't see it.  The result is I have to just use the wireless hookups with the hotspot which is limiting.  I have the ORBI mesh to cover all over my house and then some.  Any thoughts on what can be done?  Tech support at NetGear has been useless.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Do you have the new router in passthrough mode or the orbi in access point mode? otherwise you're in a double nat

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Do you have the new router in passthrough mode or the orbi in access point mode? otherwise you're in a double nat

Message 2 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Gr84caster

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR6500-1A1NAS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label

Kindly access M6 Web UI, go to General > Power Manager > change Power Manager Profile to Performance. Once done, check if you can go online wired to the M6. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
Gr84caster
Tutor

SKU 6238D

Message 4 of 7
Gr84caster
Tutor

Thanks.  I changed the settings on the Orbi.  It didn't work but I believe that there is an issue with the NightHawk as well.  I'll post an update once NetGear gets the NightHawk working properly.

Message 5 of 7
Gr84caster
Tutor

I logged into my nighhawk and it will not allow me to select "performance" for my power setting.  Do I need to activate the ethernet before I can do this?

Message 6 of 7
Gr84caster
Tutor

So my issue was finally resolved. There was a DNS conflict and it was allowing data to flow from my hotspot. Once that was resolved then setting up the ORBI was a snap.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7