× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Configure

Codie_L
Follower

Configure

Hey guys, so I am trying to better configure my home network to keep my router from periodically freezing, etc. I am using the M1 nighthawk hotspot MR1100 from AT&T with a nighthawk r7200 - ac2100 router. My goal is to use the M1 hotspot as a modem and the r7200 as the router to manage all connections since it has a much farther range. I've been using this set up for a long time but frequently have to reset the router. I have tried to configure it different ways with no luck. If I enable IP passthrough on the M1, my router doesn't connect to the internet. Same result if I disable DHCP on the M1. If I disable DHCP on the router, then my devices can connect to the router, but no internet access. However, I can connect to the router as I am right now with DCHP enabled on both devices, but I know this is not optimal. I can screenshot or snip anything necessary to give you guys a visual of the configuration. In my head, I imagine the setup being IP passthrough enabled and DHCP turned off on the M1 hotspot, so that the router does all the heavy lifting and IP assignments, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7