× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Ethernet port stopped working overnight

memphisjames
Aspirant

Ethernet port stopped working overnight

The ethernet port on my M1 stopped working overnight, and I am stumped.  I have looked through the other similar threads here, so I made sure the usb-c is set to charge only and the ethernet timeout is turned off.  The power is connected, battery is out.  I am using the charger and cable that came with the unit, so it is not underpowered.  I have tried several ethernet cables and connected it to other devices.  I get a connection light, but the connection doesn't work.  It seems like everything is physically good, but the port is deactivated somehow.  The connection to tmobile is fine.  I can connect with wifi no problem, speed test works fine.  Anything I missed, other than doing a factory reset?  

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
memphisjames
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet port stopped working overnight

The problem resolved itself.  I gave up for a few hours.  When I went to go do a factory reset and start over, the ethernet port was working again.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
memphisjames
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet port stopped working overnight

The problem resolved itself.  I gave up for a few hours.  When I went to go do a factory reset and start over, the ethernet port was working again.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7