× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Express VPN v Nighthawk MR5100

SpazzJ
Aspirant

Express VPN v Nighthawk MR5100

Whilst it doesn't come up in the model numbers (which is perplexing) I have a Netgear Nighthawk (M5) 5G Telstra MR5100 Mobile Router.

It is running fine until I run Express VPN which then seems to make my internet drop out. Just wondering if there are any answers out there in the community that may be of assisitance.

The PC is connected via ethernet from the router.

Cheers

Gary (Australia)

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Express VPN v Nighthawk MR5100

@SpazzJ wrote:

Whilst it doesn't come up in the model numbers (which is perplexing) I have a Netgear Nighthawk (M5) 5G Telstra MR5100 Mobile Router.

Probably because this device is a Telstra product, just Netgear made? Probably because this is the US forum? No, just joking- Netgear has some back log in adding product tags due to some SaaS limitations. Either way, to my knowledge all Telstra M5 

@SpazzJ wrote:

It is running fine until I run Express VPN which then seems to make my internet drop out. Just wondering if there are any answers out there in the community that may be of assisitance.

Very vague. When you launch the Express VPN on your computer (for whatever reason - have something to hide from your mobile provider or from the government downunder?) by default all "Internet" traffic for this computer does flow over the Express VPN infrastructure. Does launching the Express VPN on the Ethernet connected computer kill the Internet also for other Ethernet or WiFi connected devices? Or does Express VPN not properly establish the VPN connection? Or does the Express VPN simply not pass data for whatever reason?

Message 2 of 3
SpazzJ
Aspirant

Re: Express VPN v Nighthawk MR5100

This evening I tried again and the internet stayed connected so possibly a glitch earlier.

Running my VPN:

Hiding something from my provider or my govt....sure thing.....I dont want them tracking my downloads...lol.

Cheers for the reply
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7