× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

I know this has been asked before but still having problems. iPhone/iPad fails to connect to DC112A

Viper-666
Follower

I know this has been asked before but still having problems. iPhone/iPad fails to connect to DC112A

I was a Telstra field Tech for 40 years & while no expert my adult kids bring their laptop etc. for me to fix issues they have. So I'm a bit tech savvy. I have 2 x DC112A cradles & 2 x 4GX 810S Telstra modems. I have done resets, factory resets, latest firmware/software updates etc. 

Every device (Countless laptops & desktops, not at the same time, my Samsung & ZTE mobiles) in our house connect to these cradles with absolutley no worries EXCEPT my wifes iPhone7 (15.2 latest update) & her iPad (one year old, 8th generation latest OS 14.7.1, I think) & her old iPhone 4S. They connect to start with but after a while (Couple of days) they drop off & when I try to reconnect comes up "Unable to connect to network". Sometimes I  can get round this by turning privacy off on the network in her phone settings but the only way to fix this is to "Reset Network Connections" which is a pain.

I did find somewhere on the net someone suggested turning off "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" in Adavnced Setup/Wireless Settings, which I did & it seemed to fix it for about a month or so but now it's happening every couple of days again.

My wife's phone & iPad will connect to any other modems/networks no problems, just seems to be the cradles? Not sure about connecting directly to the 4GX 810S BUT I need the cradles so I can hook up ariels & extend the network. (Very poor recption where we are) I know you can connect the ariels to the modems but the cradles give more boost.

Again, I have done every reset, update blah, blah ,blah that you can think of.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Model: DC112A|AirCard Smart Cradle
Message 1 of 2

Re: I know this has been asked before but still having problems. iPhone/iPad fails to connect to DC1

@Viper-666 wrote:

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Probably not here.

The DC112A isn't one of the General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi) devices covered in this secttion.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. No guarantees,  but that's probably here:

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series