× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

I know this has been asked before but still having problems. iPhone/iPad fails to connect to DC112A

Viper-666
Follower

I know this has been asked before but still having problems. iPhone/iPad fails to connect to DC112A

I was a Telstra field Tech for 40 years & while no expert my adult kids bring their laptop etc. for me to fix issues they have. So I'm a bit tech savvy. I have 2 x DC112A cradles & 2 x 4GX 810S Telstra modems. I have done resets, factory resets, latest firmware/software updates etc. 

Every device (Countless laptops & desktops, not at the same time, my Samsung & ZTE mobiles) in our house connect to these cradles with absolutley no worries EXCEPT my wifes iPhone7 (15.2 latest update) & her iPad (one year old, 8th generation latest OS 14.7.1, I think) & her old iPhone 4S. They connect to start with but after a while (Couple of days) they drop off & when I try to reconnect comes up "Unable to connect to network". Sometimes I  can get round this by turning privacy off on the network in her phone settings but the only way to fix this is to "Reset Network Connections" which is a pain.

I did find somewhere on the net someone suggested turning off "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" in Adavnced Setup/Wireless Settings, which I did & it seemed to fix it for about a month or so but now it's happening every couple of days again.

My wife's phone & iPad will connect to any other modems/networks no problems, just seems to be the cradles? Not sure about connecting directly to the 4GX 810S BUT I need the cradles so I can hook up ariels & extend the network. (Very poor recption where we are) I know you can connect the ariels to the modems but the cradles give more boost.

Again, I have done every reset, update blah, blah ,blah that you can think of.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Model: DC112A|AirCard Smart Cradle
Message 1 of 2
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: I know this has been asked before but still having problems. iPhone/iPad fails to connect to DC1

iOS devices have some known issues connecting to certain WiFi routers. This is interoperational issue.

DC112A cradle is EOL already. I don't think the your issue will be resolved.

Thanks

@Viper-666 wrote:

I was a Telstra field Tech for 40 years & while no expert my adult kids bring their laptop etc. for me to fix issues they have. So I'm a bit tech savvy. I have 2 x DC112A cradles & 2 x 4GX 810S Telstra modems. I have done resets, factory resets, latest firmware/software updates etc. 

Every device (Countless laptops & desktops, not at the same time, my Samsung & ZTE mobiles) in our house connect to these cradles with absolutley no worries EXCEPT my wifes iPhone7 (15.2 latest update) & her iPad (one year old, 8th generation latest OS 14.7.1, I think) & her old iPhone 4S. They connect to start with but after a while (Couple of days) they drop off & when I try to reconnect comes up "Unable to connect to network". Sometimes I  can get round this by turning privacy off on the network in her phone settings but the only way to fix this is to "Reset Network Connections" which is a pain.

I did find somewhere on the net someone suggested turning off "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" in Adavnced Setup/Wireless Settings, which I did & it seemed to fix it for about a month or so but now it's happening every couple of days again.

My wife's phone & iPad will connect to any other modems/networks no problems, just seems to be the cradles? Not sure about connecting directly to the 4GX 810S BUT I need the cradles so I can hook up ariels & extend the network. (Very poor recption where we are) I know you can connect the ariels to the modems but the cradles give more boost.

Again, I have done every reset, update blah, blah ,blah that you can think of.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7