× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB2120 IPv6 in bridge mode

NapalmCricket
Aspirant

LB2120 IPv6 in bridge mode

I recently purchased a LB2120 to use for failover while working from home for COVID-19. I have it configured for bridge mode with a Google Nest Wifi connected to it as the router. Before configuring my LB2120, IPv6 had been working quite well for several years. After adding it, I no longer have IPv6 support at all.

Is there any way to enable IPv6 passthrough in bridge mode? This is a critical feature for me, if it is not possible, I may have to return the device to the vendor.

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please make sure your carrier supports IPv6. When you set up APN, please make sure your APN IP type is set to IPv4v6 in order for you to get both IPv4 and IPv6 address from your carrier.

Thanks

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 2 of 4
NapalmCricket
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your response. I am talking about the wired connection, when I direct plug my router to my cable modem, IPv6 works fine, when I plug in via the LB2120, IPv6 no longer works.
Message 3 of 4
Sean101
Aspirant

Hello @NapalmCricket ,

The LB2120 doesn't seem to support IPv6 on wireline based on the manual. Please try to set it to bridge and let me know.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7