× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LM1200 4G LTE Modem Firmware Update Download

The_Dave
Aspirant

LM1200 4G LTE Modem Firmware Update Download

Hi all, I recently purchased an LM1200 modem. The device came with an older firmware version that doesn't yet have the WAN port enabled. I'm having some issues getting my LTE connection to work and want to see if a firmware update will resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the Netgear support site doesn't seem to have any firmware downloads available. Does anyone know where I can get the newest firmware version to manually update the modem? Thanks.

Message 1 of 28
plemans
Guru

to update it go to 

Settings-->General--->software and reset

under software section, click on check for updates. 

Message 2 of 28
The_Dave
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I'd like to perform an offline update if possible, though.  By downloading the firmware file and uploading it to the device.

Message 3 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@The_Dave wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I'd like to perform an offline update if possible, though.  By downloading the firmware file and uploading it to the device.

Please let me know your device SKU. I can send you the offline update file. But this is not suggested way to have your device updated.

Thanks

Message 4 of 28
nrod86
Aspirant

I have an LM1200-100NAS that will not download the update over the air, have tried multiple times and gives an error every time, even after a factory reset.  Can you please also send me the offline version. Thanks

Nick

Message 5 of 28
Hotsound
Aspirant

My LM1200 works fine on ATT broadband net, but ONLY in 3G, no LTE.  Did you have a similar problem, and did you resolve it?  Thanks!

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 6 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Hotsound wrote:

My LM1200 works fine on ATT broadband net, but ONLY in 3G, no LTE.  Did you have a similar problem, and did you resolve it?  Thanks!

Have your issue resolved on AT&T? Let me know if you still need help on this.

Thanks

Message 7 of 28
Pmolter13
Aspirant

I am also unable to update the firmware, receiving an error message each time I click the button. Please advise.
Message 8 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Pmolter13 wrote:
I am also unable to update the firmware, receiving an error message each time I click the button. Please advise.

Sent message to you. Please check.

Thanks

Message 9 of 28
Hysel
Tutor

Hi

I also need a firmware update to enable my WAN port please

Thanks in advance

Message 10 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Hysel wrote:

Hi

I also need a firmware update to enable my WAN port please

Thanks in advance

Could you please let me know your device SKU? Did you try upgrade your device over the air?

Thanks

Message 11 of 28
Hotsound
Aspirant

While without the help of AT&T, even though I engaged them at least a dozen times in person and on call, I proved the problem to be one of provisioning.  Once AT&T couldn't deny any longer, they changed me to another plan, and suddenly my modem(s) run 4GLTE.

Message 12 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Glad you finally got the correct plan.

The device has been certified with AT&T, T-Mo and Verizon. So if you get their mobile hotspots BYOD plan, it will work with the device for sure. But we know that some promotion plans whihc tied to certain promoted devices will not work with the device.

Thanks

Message 13 of 28
Hysel
Tutor

Hi

The the device SKU is: LM1200-100NAS

I did try to update it over the air but it failed, I am using T-Mobile

Thanks

Message 14 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Hysel wrote:

Hi

The the device SKU is: LM1200-100NAS

I did try to update it over the air but it failed, I am using T-Mobile

Thanks

Please check your private message. 

Thanks

Message 15 of 28
Compound93
Aspirant

Hi, I tried updating my LM1200 through the software update button, but each time it gives me an error and says to try again later. I have factory reset it and turned it off and left it off for about 30 minutes in case it needed a minute to rest. Any advice on what to do from here?

Message 16 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Compound93 wrote:

Hi, I tried updating my LM1200 through the software update button, but each time it gives me an error and says to try again later. I have factory reset it and turned it off and left it off for about 30 minutes in case it needed a minute to rest. Any advice on what to do from here?

Please let me know your device's SKU. I will send you the upgrade package.

Thanks

John

Message 17 of 28
XenoBones
Aspirant

Hello,

My modem starts downloading an update but then I keep getting the error when trying to update over the air as well. My modem's antenna light will be solid green and then it starts flashing green and it starts dropping packets like crazy until I reboot it. 4g signal is excellent where it sits. 

Would you send me the update so I could see if it corrects this issue?

the SKU is LM1200-100NAS

Thank you!

Message 18 of 28
XenoBones
Aspirant

Thank you, John for your quick response! Updating the modem seemed to fix the issue, it performs much better now. 

Message 19 of 28
Compound93
Aspirant

it's the LM1200-100NAS one.

Message 20 of 28
brianatlarge
Aspirant

I'm also unable to update the firmware.

I had it in in bridge mode and it just said it was downloading a firmware update, but it never got past 55%.

I changed it to router mode, and now it doesn't say it's downloading any update. When I click the button to check for an update, it says:

Update Error
There was a problem updating your device. Please try again later.

Firmware

Firmware Version: EC25AFFDR07A09M4G
App Version: NTG9X07C_20.04.07.06
Web App Version: LM1200-HDATA_03.03.103.189
Hardware Version: 1.0
Message 21 of 28
stebuu
Aspirant

@JohnPeng : I also need the current firmware file for a LM1200-100NAS, but for a very odd reason. I'm doing initial setup with it with my Verizon SIM card, and if I have the SIM card in it looks like the router only operates in IPv6 mode and I can't get to modem control panel even using the IPv6 gateway address. If I don't have the SIM card in the router operates normally and 192.168.5.1 is accessible.

So right now I can either have the LM1200 connected to the internet or access its admin panel but not both simultaneously, so I can't update it.

Message 22 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@stebuu wrote:

@JohnPeng : I also need the current firmware file for a LM1200-100NAS, but for a very odd reason. I'm doing initial setup with it with my Verizon SIM card, and if I have the SIM card in it looks like the router only operates in IPv6 mode and I can't get to modem control panel even using the IPv6 gateway address. If I don't have the SIM card in the router operates normally and 192.168.5.1 is accessible.

So right now I can either have the LM1200 connected to the internet or access its admin panel but not both simultaneously, so I can't update it.

For the Verizon SIM issue, we are investigating right now. You can find the discusssion in another community post.

I will send you the FW release. Please check your private message.

Thanks

Message 23 of 28
jhebbel
Aspirant

I also have a LM1200-100NAS and my update also will not work when trying automatically. Can yousend methe firmware aswell.

Message 24 of 28
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@jhebbel wrote:

I also have a LM1200-100NAS and my update also will not work when trying automatically. Can yousend methe firmware aswell.

We have posted the LM1200 upgrade packages on the Netgear support page. Please download following the link below.

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/?model=LM1200

Let me know if you have any issues.

Regards

John

Message 25 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7