× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LM1200 Inbound SMS Messages

tmatthewb
Aspirant

LM1200 Inbound SMS Messages

The portal for my LM1200 shows the message "SMS Memory Full Please delete some messages to receive new ones"

1. how do I see what those SMS messages are? I need to view those messages in order to log into my internet provider.

2. how do I delete the messages so I can get new ones? 

This device doesn't have a screen and I can't see any way to see SMS messages through the portal

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the screenshots. We will check how to address this.

For now, you can take out the SIM and use it on a phone to delete the SMS. Most of data only plan doesn't support SMS. I think you are using an AT&T plan for a phone.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please provide a screenshot of the alert? LM1200 doesn't have UI for reading SMS. Sending SMS is supported to send alerts to the users.

If the device does show the alert, we need to hide it instead of showing to the users.

Thanks

Message 2 of 5
tmatthewb
Aspirant

I've attached a screenshot. 

Any chance a UI for reading text messages could be added to the portal? Or potentially an easier solution, have the modem forward sms messages to another number as an alert type or something?

Asking because I cannot log into my 4g providers portal without entering the code that they send to my lm1200 in an sms message.

Alert Message on portalAlert Message on portal:(😞

Message 3 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the screenshots. We will check how to address this.

For now, you can take out the SIM and use it on a phone to delete the SMS. Most of data only plan doesn't support SMS. I think you are using an AT&T plan for a phone.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
tmatthewb
Aspirant

Oh yeah Ill put it in the phone to get the sms, thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7