× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LTE SETUP Do I NEED a 'USERNAME & 'PASSWORD' to connect to my provider AX1800 4g lte wifi router

pArthiva
Aspirant

LTE SETUP Do I NEED a 'USERNAME & 'PASSWORD' to connect to my provider AX1800 4g lte wifi router

ello all, thank you for taking time out to review my post! NOW I have already activated & installed the nano T-mobile sim card When I click the connection status in the lte Setup page it is showing that it is NOT connected to the T-mobile network! Further, on the lte Setup page it is asking me for a 'USERNAME' & 'PASSWORD'. What's FRUSTRATING is do I NEED the username & password to connect to my T-mobile lte network! ONE I do NOT have a T-mobile user name! TWO I KNOW the password I use for my T-mobile but Im not sure if that is the one I am suppose to use to connect to T mobiles network THREE Any one at Netgear KNOW because I SEARCH high & low and no details were relevant to this issue!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
pArthiva
Aspirant

Re: LTE SETUP Do I NEED a 'USERNAME & 'PASSWORD' to connect to my provider AX1800 4g lte wifi ro

Hello thank you for the timely reply ok its straight forward really

Here is step by step

First, when trying to connect to service providers LTE network in the LTE Setup page in the routers ui you must enter the user name (email address) that you use to login your service providers website as well the same goes for the password

Second, continuously check the service status to see if you are disconnected or connected to your service providers LTE network.

Third once your connected to your service providers LTE network then you will need to go to the internet setup page in your routers ui it will ask if you need to sign in or login click on YES scroll down leave PPPoE do NOT change this prompt scroll down and enter the same user name and password you enter when setting up your LTE network connection ok.

Last, very important on the Connection Mode select  Always on click apply and you should connect to the internet

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: LTE SETUP Do I NEED a 'USERNAME & 'PASSWORD' to connect to my provider AX1800 4g lte wifi ro

Did you bring it into a tmobile store or contact them at all? 

They might know the apn that you need for your device. As well as tmobile has been setting certain sim plans can only work in phones and not hotspot/routers. so it's worth it to check with them. 

Message 2 of 4
pArthiva
Aspirant

Hello thank you for the timely reply ok its straight forward really

Here is step by step

First, when trying to connect to service providers LTE network in the LTE Setup page in the routers ui you must enter the user name (email address) that you use to login your service providers website as well the same goes for the password

Second, continuously check the service status to see if you are disconnected or connected to your service providers LTE network.

Third once your connected to your service providers LTE network then you will need to go to the internet setup page in your routers ui it will ask if you need to sign in or login click on YES scroll down leave PPPoE do NOT change this prompt scroll down and enter the same user name and password you enter when setting up your LTE network connection ok.

Last, very important on the Connection Mode select  Always on click apply and you should connect to the internet

Message 3 of 4
pArthiva
Aspirant

NOTE Before starting these procedures make sure you have installed the nano sim card of your network service provider ok otherwise you wonder why you not connected to the service providers network

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series