× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 -1A1NAS; Is this hotspot expected to lose ethernet if long periods of no data flow?

w4mpq
Aspirant

MR1100 -1A1NAS; Is this hotspot expected to lose ethernet if long periods of no data flow?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: MR1100 -1A1NAS; Is this hotspot expected to lose ethernet if long periods of no data flow?

There is supposed to be a control to disable the Ethernet timeout - https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Nighthawk-M1-Ethernet-Port-Timeout/m... - however some users seem to have issues. @ArodiD please.

Message 2 of 5
wacnstac
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 -1A1NAS; Is this hotspot expected to lose ethernet if long periods of no data flow?

I am still experiencing this problem with firmware NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00.   Have LAN port timeout set to disabled yet this port dies on occasion.  

I thought this problem was already fixed.

Message 3 of 5
w4mpq
Aspirant

My problem is not solved.The router still starts up with the setup message on the screen. I want the router to stay on all the time power is applied and to come up in the same mode with my settings if power is lost and restored with no action required by me. Is this not to be expected with the MR1100?

The url in the first responwe did not work for me.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@wacnstac wrote:

I am still experiencing this problem with firmware NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00.   Have LAN port timeout set to disabled yet this port dies on occasion.  

Definitively wrong - must not happen.

@wacnstac wrote:

I thought this problem was already fixed.

Welcome to the club, yes - that's why the control to disable the LAN port timeout was added some time ago.

@ArodiD please chime in here.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7