× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 Constant Reboot

Wolfy20x5
Tutor

MR1100 Constant Reboot

I have the MR1100 Nighthawk. It’s started rebooting every 20 minutes or so. It starts doing it after a device connects and as soon as you start using data, it restarts, then is ok for a while and then reboots. I thought it was because I had an antenna connected to it, or a broken one, I’ve tried a new antenna and without one attached and it is doing it again.

Anyone help? I’m on the latest firmware. It is not branded or from an ISP provider but one I bought.
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: MR1100 Constant Reboot

Could you please advise your device's SKU name and FW version on the device?

What is the carrier you are using? I assume you saw the issue when you used the device with battery inserted.

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 5
Wolfy20x5
Tutor

Hi John

Firmware is the latest and no other is available NTG9X50C_12.04.02.00
SKU: MR1100-1EEEUS
Using EE, bought privately and then I use it on EE anyway in the U.K.

I’m not aware of the battery insertion issue. I’ve tried this with and without the battery and it seems to only happen when I have it attached to an external antenna which is a must for my situation.

I’ve also tried this with the original charger, an Apple 1amp charger and a 2amp third party charger as well as same issues.

Odd thing is I never had this issue before with the antenna, I had period of not having the antenna attached and then now attached it and getting these issues. Also, in relation to the below, when I bought this, I wasn’t getting the speed issues either as mentioned below. I’m at the point now if selling this and buying something else.

Any ideas? I also have an issue with it being slower than my iPhone when connected to the same band, significantly slower like 1/3. I’ve used field test mode on my iPhone and compared bands.
Message 3 of 5
Wolfy20x5
Tutor

Hi, any help please. I’m at the point of selling and switching to something else.
Message 4 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry. We don't have any newer elease for MR1100-1EEEUS. I don't think I can help further.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7