× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 – No Internet with UK Vodafone PAYG Data SIM

Spectrum1
Tutor

MR1100 – No Internet with UK Vodafone PAYG Data SIM

Hi All

I recently purchased a Nighthawk M1 to use with a UK Vodafone PAYG data SIM (Vodafone has the best coverage in my area). Unfortunately, the Vodaphone/Netgear combination is proving to be a problem with getting an Internet connection.

What I have done so far:

1). The Vodafone data SIM has been registered on the My Vodafone website successfully. (During the registration process, I received a few authentication text messages from Vodafone, directly to the M1. This proves that the Vodafone SIM can receive text messages through the M1)

2). A new APN for the Vodafone SIM has been added as follows:

• APN – pp.vodafone.co.uk
  • User Name – wap
  • Password – wap

3).The Vodafone data SIM has been tested in a mobile phone and it connects to the Internet successfully

What the M1 Dashboard is showing:

• Carrier – Vodafone UK
  • Signal Strength – Fair (3 bars)

The notification popup is saying “Mobile Broadband Disconnected”, “Your Data Connection is Disconnected”.

So based on the above and many hours speaking with Vodafone tech support, we are no further forward in figuring out why the Vodafone data SIM refuses to achieve an Internet connection when installed into the Nighthawk M1?

I would be very interested to hear back from anyone that has successfully got a UK Vodafone PAYG Data SIM to work in a Nighthawk M1.

Many thanks;

Message 1 of 3
Spectrum1
Tutor

Re: MR1100 – No Internet with UK Vodafone PAYG Data SIM

To cut this short and conclude, today it was confirmed that the lack of internet connection with the Vodafone PAYG data SIM and the M1 was twofold with one part being the settings created in the My Vodafone account being fixed by an admin and the M1 needing a full factory reset.

Then as if my magic, a green circle with Connected showing – yea.

Message 2 of 3
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: MR1100 – No Internet with UK Vodafone PAYG Data SIM

If the same APN info works on a phone, mostly likely, the network is limiting the service to M1.

You can capture a model.json file and send PM to me to check.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7