× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR2100 – Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router won't work WITH battery inserted

Papan
Aspirant

MR2100 – Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router won't work WITH battery inserted

I've had my router for a couple of years but it is well looked after and only used lightly. It hasn't ever been dropped or subjected to any moisture or dirt ingress.

Just this morning I came to use for the first time in 3 weeks but the battery was dead. I then inserted the charging cable in and connected the charger to the mains and it refuses to charge. I've been able ascertain that the cable and charger work perfectly with other devices.

I cleaned the charging port with dry air and a clean toothbrush to no avail. I then removed the battery which looks as it should with no sign of damage. When I attempted to use the device connected to the mains without the battery inserted the device powered up and functioned as expected. 

Does it sound like my battery is done? If so i'm quite disappointed since it was hardly used and kept clean and dry, Could it be that the battery didn't like being allowed to drain to zero?

Would love to know your thoughts and where I would get a genuine replacement?

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: MR2100 – Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router won't work WITH battery inserted

@Papan wrote:

I've had my router for a couple of years but it is well looked after and only used lightly. It hasn't ever been dropped or subjected to any moisture or dirt ingress.

Just this morning I came to use for the first time in 3 weeks but the battery was dead. I then inserted the charging cable in and connected the charger to the mains and it refuses to charge. I've been able ascertain that the cable and charger work perfectly with other devices.

I cleaned the charging port with dry air and a clean toothbrush to no avail. I then removed the battery which looks as it should with no sign of damage. When I attempted to use the device connected to the mains without the battery inserted the device powered up and functioned as expected. 

Does it sound like my battery is done? If so i'm quite disappointed since it was hardly used and kept clean and dry, Could it be that the battery didn't like being allowed to drain to zero?

Would love to know your thoughts and where I would get a genuine replacement?

You will probably get more responses and better answers if you post in the community dedicated to your type of hardware.

Try here:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cell-Service-Mobile-Hotspot/bd-p/aircard

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series