× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR5100 no signal without external antennas

Menuka
Aspirant

MR5100 no signal without external antennas

MR5100 SKU MR5100-1TLAUS Only works on the external antennas. If it is disconnected from the external antenna, it does not work and a message appears mobile broadband is disconnected. It was working before and there were no problems, but after connecting and disconnecting the external antenna, this problem occurred. I have updated to the latest firmware to check if that problem will be fixed after the update, but the same problem still exists. image_67173889.JPGimage_6483441.JPGI have attached the images of the antennas. Can someone help me to fix the issue? Thank you

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: MR5100 no signal without external antennas

@Menuka wrote:
Did a factory reset more than 10 times. I also tried updating to the latest firmware. Still could not fix the problem. the router worked fine before installing the external antenna. I just wanted to see if the 5g signal increases with the external antennas.

Looks like the external antenna connectors are broken. Without the external antenna, the internal antenna will not have the proper contact if that is the case.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try a simple factory reset? 

Message 2 of 6
Menuka
Aspirant

Did a factory reset more than 10 times. I also tried updating to the latest firmware. Still could not fix the problem. the router worked fine before installing the external antenna. I just wanted to see if the 5g signal increases with the external antennas.
Message 3 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Menuka wrote:

Looks like the external antenna connectors are broken. Without the external antenna, the internal antenna will not have the proper contact if that is the case.

Thanks

John

Message 4 of 6
Menuka
Aspirant

As you told me the issue is with the external antenna ports, I replaced both TS9 connectors, but nothing has been changed. Router still works only if an external antenna installed. I guess this may be a software issue. Can someone help me fix this please?
Message 5 of 6
W1lliam
Virtuoso

internal antenna is not soldered but a flexible contacts, it might be caused by the contacts are loose and that is lead to no internal antenna connected. It is not suggested to open the device by yourself but request for RMA.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7