× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR5200-100EUS Wifi drops every 10min

jraffel
Aspirant

MR5200-100EUS Wifi drops every 10min

Hi Netgear,

the Wifi on my MR5200-100EUS goes dead every 10min, that's very annoying since all VPN drop too and all RD have to be opened again. Not usable for Work like this. 

Any fix coming up?

Jörn

Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jraffel

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please provide the current firmware version and your ISP. 

Have you tried factory resetting the unit? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
jraffel
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

i have reseted the Device to Factory Defaults multiple times now. Still it drops the connection frequently. 

I use telekom.de SIM Card but used it in different mobile networks telekom 4G+, MEO.pt 4G+ and telekom.nl 5G.

Firmware is NTGX55_10.25.05.00 

Interesting to note is that the date is a month wrong e.g. 26.Dec.2020 instead 26.Nov2020.

Jörn

Message 3 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jraffel

Thank you for responding. To calrify, when you say "WiFi drops", do you mean that you can no longer see or detect the WiFi network? Or your wireless device is connected but no Internet access? Or the wireless device gets disconnected from the WiFi network?

There is no setting on the router interface to change the Date and time. This is set by the carrier. It is indeed strange that the date it display is wrong. Do you have another SIM card that you can try and compare the connection and the date/time? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
jraffel
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

i swapped the three SIM cards for my telekom.de account between all Devices. No change there. I will swap one of the cards in the shop maybe that helps. 

Actually it's the VPN that drops without a visual sign what the the problem is. The dataflow just stops, then sometime later the Wifi drops and reconnects and VPNs have to be established again. When the dataflow stops Wifi looks like ok the mobile connection looks ok. I used WPA2 and WPA3 exclusively but that didn’t make a difference. 

I reactivated my M1 and everything works fine no drops on that Router. It basically has the same setup as the M5. 

Cheers 

Jörn

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7