× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR5200 Suddenly Having bad Connection - Signal is excellent, etc

Samsterx777
Aspirant

MR5200 Suddenly Having bad Connection - Signal is excellent, etc

Yesterday 3/15/2023, my Nighthawk suddently stopped working was VERY spotty connection (ruined my work day).
I was in a town with good internet connection. I've tried the SIM card in another hotspot and it works fine. I also see that the T-Mobile bars are full and that my signal strength is Excellent.
However, the connected device via ethernet or wifi will say 'connected without internet' frequently. and the Mobile Broadband Status page flickers every 3 seconds and shows RSRP and RSQ blank one moment and then shows:

RSRP: -104 dBM

Network Status: 5GSUB6

RS-SINR: -3276 dB

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

PLMN 310260

Band: LTE B2

IPV4: 29.23.48.89

IPV6: 2607:fb90L6ca0:7e2d:20c1:db63:82dd:d1b7

DNS Server: 0.0.0.0

Firmware Version: NTGX55_12.04.10.01

build date: 2021/08/30

PRI Version: 02.01

(I did do a factory reset, but still no fix.)

Please help!

Message 1 of 10
Samsterx777
Aspirant

Re: MR5200 Suddenly Having bad Connection - Signal is excellent, etc

Message 2 of 10
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Based on the log, your device connected to T-Mo network with B2+n41. But somehow n41 signal is really bad. Is there any change recently on T-Mo network? What's the other mobile hotspot you are using? Please provide the brand and model if possible.

Looks like a network related issue. You can try at another location and see whether the device can work better.

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
Samsterx777
Aspirant

I appreciate your response. The other device is a Franklin T9 (smaller and normally less powerful).
I appreciate the help! I'm wondering if something if not working right within the hardware or if it's a firmware issue.
Message 4 of 10
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Samsterx777 wrote:
I appreciate your response. The other device is a Franklin T9 (smaller and normally less powerful).
I appreciate the help! I'm wondering if something if not working right within the hardware or if it's a firmware issue.

Franklin T9 is LTE only device. The current issue seems on T-Mo network with 5G support. You can force the device to connect to LTE only network for now by selecting Band Region as LTE only and check back later whether 5G can at your area.

Thanks

John

Message 5 of 10
Samsterx777
Aspirant

I tried that before I believe, but should I turn roaming off or anything as well?
Message 6 of 10
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Samsterx777 wrote:
I tried that before I believe, but should I turn roaming off or anything as well?

If you connected to T-Mo home network work, roaming setup doesn't really change anything.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
Samsterx777
Aspirant

Thanks, That is working! It says there are full bars 5g available though, so still odd, but that's a good step towards a solution.
Message 8 of 10
Samsterx777
Aspirant

-97 dBm for rsrp still when on 4g, but still able to function at least.
Message 9 of 10
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Samsterx777 wrote:
Thanks, That is working! It says there are full bars 5g available though, so still odd, but that's a good step towards a solution.

Looks like T-Mo is updating their 5G network for n41 in your area. You can try change back to use All Bands after a few days to see whether 5G connection is getting stable.

Thanks

John

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7