× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Mobile Broadband Disconnected

DaraD
Follower

Mobile Broadband Disconnected

I have two of the unlimited data plans (grandfathered in) with AT&T. Both accounts are in good standing since my payment gets automatically drawn each month. I have two different NETGEAR routers one is working, and the other one isn't. The MR1100 was working for about two weeks until one day, the error message "Mobile Broadband Disconnected" popped up. I keep reading about the firmware causing more problems.

The firmware on the MR1100 - 12.05.05.14 

I'm sure you don't need the info on the device that's working, but I keep comparing both accounts, and several things are different.

For instance, my Band Region setting is ”Auto,” but underneath that selection it says

"LAA- uses Wi-Fi 5GHz spectrum to boost LTE throughout”

"LAA is supported. Visit Wi-Fi Profiles to set LAA preference"  

My other router says ”ATT”

Both devices have the same APN info.

The APN Name: ATT Mobile   APN: broadband   PDP: IPV4V6  PDP Roaming: IPV4

My other NETGEAR router is M1 with 12.06.11.00 firmware and has been doing fine. The third-party company I purchased the SIM cards from and AT&T service dept are not helpful.  I've t tried everything, and I'm clueless as to what I do to fix the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
RVALENZ
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Mobile Broadband Disconnected

Hello, Dara, 

Let me add links to update the firmware of the MR1100. The latest firmware should be 12.06.11.00. Which one is having the issues?

https://kb.netgear.com/000061730/MR1100-Firmware-Version-12-06-11-00

https://kb.netgear.com/000061326/How-do-I-manually-update-firmware-on-my-MR1100-Nighthawk-M1-Mobile-...

Regards,

Rhys

NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series