× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Mobile/DSL device

jnprice
Aspirant

Mobile/DSL device

I am in a remote area of UK and have a situation where there is an adequate DSL connection but no mobile phone coverage.  I need a "box" that will connect the phones to the outside world via DSL, to provide both speech and data coverage for about five mobile users over a limited area (approx. 500 metres).  The mobile users may be "resident" or "visitors" to the site.  Can you suggest a solution, please?

Message 1 of 3
dkkruse
Aspirant

Re: Mobile/DSL device

It depends on the cell phone carrier.  Some will actually have hotspots that you can connect to your internet connection to act as a mini cell tower.  However, they are often expensive.  Otherwise, get good WiFi coverage.  Most carriers allow phone calls over WiFi, or you could use Google Voice and make calls over WiFi. 

Cheers from USA

Message 2 of 3
jnprice
Aspirant

Re: Mobile/DSL device

Thanks for your reply from the other side of the pond!  Most UK carriers do not provide local hot spots except in a few specific circumstances but they will allow conection of such privately owned devices -but I have yet to find one on the market over here.  The area to be covered is too bit for WiFi without providing a lot of devices making it difficult to cover a frequently changing workplace.  Is there a Netgear "hot spot" device I can get in the UK and connect via the DSL line to our mobile operator>

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7