× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Mobile Wifi

NiklasBartonek
Aspirant

Mobile Wifi

Dear all, 

please apologize that I am not a tech guy so that some of my questions may sound stupid: My wife and I moved to HK but the wifi connection in our new apartment cannot be established (long story). Anyway since I have to work from home and desperately need wifi I bought "mypokeif.com" at a local shop. Problem: It is rather expensive as I need roughl 1.7GB per day (sometimes even more). The unlimited data is not really unlimted as the service gets sloved down after roughly 900MB. 

So I read about the Nighthawk M1 Mobile router! Is the principle behind the Nighthawk the same as pokefi? A mobile wifi hotspot that I can use since I do not have "regular wifi" at home? If yes, how do I buy data volume / unlimited plan? 

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: Mobile Wifi

There are several carriers in Hong Kong, Three/China Mobile/CSL and SmarTone. You might need to stop by their service counter to check for data plan. You'd better to buy MR1100-1EEEUS or MR1100-100EUS for better LTE bands' support in that area. M1 does provide WiFi connectivity so you can just hook up with WiFi for local devices while LTE provides Internet connection. William
Message 2 of 4
NiklasBartonek
Aspirant

Dear  W1lliam,

many thanks for your reply. Highly appreciated. 

I already have a smartphone contract with SmarTone so I will stop by at their shop. And if told them that I have the Mr1100-1EEEUS they will be able to offer me a monthly plan so that I can actually use the LTE to connect to the internet at home? 

Message 3 of 4
W1lliam
Virtuoso

The SIM card on your mobile phone should not be used for M1, just let them know that you want to apply new SIM for LTE data access.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7