× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Modem would not recognized broadband, after factory reset cannot be accessed at all

thakur6156
Follower

Modem would not recognized broadband, after factory reset cannot be accessed at all

Hi folks

I ws running my 4G modem (LB1120) as backup to my Xfinity Netgear cable modem CMV2050V. I had the LB1120 connecting the CMV to a TP LInk C9 router, and it worked fine for about a month. The LB was in bridge mode.  

But recently, the LB stopped reading the cable signal. I tried running the LB1120 in in both bridge and router mode and it would never recognize the cable signal. When I plug the internet straight into my wifi router from my CMV, my router reads the cable signal just fine.  

So I tried a factory reset by software, which made no change, and then a factory reset by button. Now I cannot access the LB at all - even by the default IP- 192.168.5.1

Thoughts? Help?

thanks

neil

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Modem would not recognized broadband, after factory reset cannot be accessed at all

The CM2050V is a modem only device. 

And the LB1120 is an LTE modem. 

Neither support daul wan/lan failover. 

I'm not sure how you had them connected together but neither support what you're suggesting. 

And the TP-link C9 doesn't support dual wan or failover either. 

so I'm not sure exactly what you had/have setup but it shouldn't work. I'm wondering if you didn't have it connected and just defaulting to a single one of those connections. 

Usually you buy a switch/router that supports dual wan operation with failover and connect the 2x modems to it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7