× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Mr6500

Zinncrib
Tutor

Mr6500

I'm having issues connecting my modem to my chrome book and roku TV. Also the network will not show up on my Lenovo and hp laptop unordered for me to connect to those as well.
Message 1 of 14
idck_de
Tutor

Hi Zinncrib

MR6500 has Wi-Fi 6E supported. when you connected to AC adapter come within the box.

Do you mean that all these devices can't find the MR6500 SSID in an unknown condition? Can you provide more detail?

Message 2 of 14
Zinncrib
Tutor

I have managed to get all my devices connected to the box. But my Lenovo and Hp laptop won't even read the network to connect. When I turn my wifi up the network name for the box does not show up on either laptops
Message 3 of 14
Zinncrib
Tutor

I've also called support and they weren't able to help me with it as they didn't know how to fix it either
Message 4 of 14
idck_de
Tutor

If I telling you the same thing you probably didn't what to suggest to.tbh

Also true that every brand now day has some level of support team issues. Include the way to describe troubleshooting.

Anyway. Which router that worked last time for all of your devices established wifi connection successfully?

Message 5 of 14
Zinncrib
Tutor

The same router? The MR6500.... all my devices work sucessfully except my two laptops
Message 6 of 14
idck_de
Tutor

Have you reach out support team of these two brand? How it goes

Message 7 of 14
Jeremyl2663
Aspirant

I have been having the same problem! No matter what I try and do my SSID’s don’t show up on my laptop or phone or whatever I’m trying go to connect it to
Message 8 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Zinncrib, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR6500-1A1NAS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label

What is the firmware version? 

What is the WiFi Security / Encryption type (e.g. WPA2 Personal AES)? 

For isolation, kindly enable Guest network then check if the non-working laptop can detect and connect to the network. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 9 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jeremyl2663, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR6500-1A1NAS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label

What is the firmware version? 

To clarify, no wireless devices can detect the WiFi network. Is that right? 

On the Mobile router LCD screen, please check the WiFi status if it say Off or disabled. 

Kindly wired a computer to the mobile router to confirm if Internet connection is working. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 10 of 14
Jeremyl2663
Aspirant

MR6500-1A1NAS

SKU is 6238D

Firmware is NTGX65_10.01.31.01

No devices are picking up the SSID’s even when I tried the guest account, last night I tried hooking an Ethernet cable from it and I was still getting nothing
Message 11 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jeremyl2663

Both wired and wireless connection are not working. Have you tried factory resetting the device? 

Kindly call you Internet provider to confirm that your account is activated and that no other Internet connections are active. Please make sure as well that the micro SIM card is active and enabled with data services. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 12 of 14
Jeremyl2663
Aspirant

I’ve tried all of that and still nothing is working, I just went ahead and ordered another unit
Message 13 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

For MR6500, our of box, the device is set to 5Ghz WiFi only. You can change the WiFi profile to dual band or 2.4Ghz band and see whether your devices can find the SSID of the M6.

If your laptops support 5GHz WiFi, but they can't see the SSID from the device, please advise your laptops' brand and model.

To enable ethernet, please change the Power Manager profile to Performance. By default, ethernet port is disabled.

Thanks

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7