× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: NETGEAR Model: MR5100

rbms2022
Follower

NETGEAR Model: MR5100

Purchased two of these new on yesterday from Best BUY, activated them at the AT&T corporate store and the NETGEAR Model: MR5100 Doesn't seem to have internet through the Ethernet port? Has anyone else had this issue?

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Mobile Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with mobile routers and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 9
MGPhoto1984
Aspirant

Has anyone configured the MR5100 to use the ethernet port to connect to a camera or computer? 

Message 3 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Ethernet port should work out of box. No extra settings are required.

You can try connecting a computer to etherer port for testing.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
diamono
Aspirant

Did the issue with ethernet ever get resolved.  I am experiencing the same issue.

Message 5 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@diamono wrote:

Did the issue with ethernet ever get resolved.  I am experiencing the same issue.

Could you please explain your setup in detail and what the issue you are seeing?

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
steveXXX
Apprentice

This worked for me:

• MobileRouterSetup.pngSpecifically:
  • set tethering to "charge only"
  • disabled ethernet standby

PS: as of 2022-02-15 08:20 MST the above image is only shown as a "caution" icon.

It is: Settings > Setup > Mobile Router Setup

Message 7 of 9
diamono
Aspirant

Thanks SteveXXX.  I found that that if I turn the IP passthru on (which disables wifi),  that the ethernet cable would work.  I'll try the method you described too to see if it works.  It would appear that to get the ethernet cable to work, wifi has to be disabled.

@steveXXX wrote:

This worked for me:

PS: as of 2022-02-15 08:20 MST the above image is only shown as a "caution" icon.

Message 8 of 9
steveXXX
Apprentice

@diamono wrote:

Thanks SteveXXX.  I found that that if I turn the IP passthru on (which disables wifi),  that the ethernet cable would work.  I'll try the method you described too to see if it works.  It would appear that to get the ethernet cable to work, wifi has to be disabled.

@steveXXX wrote:

This worked for me:

With my settings wifi is still available.  I can attach my phone to the netgear wifi to get internet on the phone via the M5.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7