× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear 810 update

zapadak
Star

Hi Steve,

sorry for the Delay - Easter Holyday 😌

Thanks for The Information - Update loaded and it works for me Perfect ! Thanks again for The Support!

Other Question: is there an possibility to change a Zaun Cradle to an International Version? In my Country there is no selling of These cradles so i bought one over eBay... Andy Idea for Solution?

Thanks !

zapadak

Message 176 of 188
zapadak
Star

Hi Steve,

sorry to disturb you again...after my Holydays I have updated the AS810S and all Lights went to Green - so I thought all is fine now. Today I have used the first Time the Cradle and the AS810S with the new Firmware and my PC told me that there is no Internet Conmnect availiable (still all Lights Green - WAN Connection / Lan Connetion) - when I tried to connet via WLAN and the AS810S put off the Cradle, ther Connetion to the Device and the Internet Connection works without Problem. It seems that the AS810S will not put throught the Internet to the Cradle.

Any Ideas ? Maybe an Update of the Cradle will help ? Still have the Zain Version and it says no Update availiable...

Thanks

zapadak

Message 177 of 188
relume
Guide

Hello

Yes please publish the firmware update also on the netgear download site.

I am actually not able to download the new firmware update on the AirCard as I am using it only in foreign countries. Nevertheless in order to download the firmware on the device itself, I enabled the WiFi offload feature. The internet connection works with this feature enabled, but the button to check manually for firmware upgrades appears gray and is not activatable, neither on the device screen nor on the web configuration page.

best regards,

Message 178 of 188
zapadak
Star

Hi,

I have done my Update to the Version NTG9X40C-11.14.08.20 on the AC810S..after this Update all Lights on my Cradle chences to Green - also the Internet Connection was shown in green...after that I have connecteted my Laptop via LAN Cable and then the Laptop says  no Internet Connection...when I put off the AC810S from the Cradle and connect via WLAN of the Device then the Connection works...I do not have the Problem that I´m not able to download the Update...

zapadak

Message 179 of 188
boody
Guide

have u try to reset both the aircard and cradle sometimes after firmware upgrade u need to do so ...... but before that just restart each one if not reset one by one ...Good Luck

Message 180 of 188
lobinqui
Aspirant

Other Question: is there an possibility to change a Zaun Cradle to an International Version? In my Country there is no selling of These cradles so i bought one over eBay... Andy Idea for Solution?

Thanks !

zapadak

yep. pay me a little and i'll convert your zain cradle to us/intl version remotely

Message 181 of 188
zapadak
Star

Hi Boody,

thanks for your Answer.

I have restarted booth Devices after Update - but not reset at this Moment.

I will try and hope that it will work for me...

Thanks !

zapadak

Message 182 of 188
zapadak
Star

Hi boody,

thanks for your suggestions to reset the devices - now I have internet connection also on the cradle.

So now the new Firmware seems to work correct with Cradle and Aircard.

thanks !

zapadak

Message 183 of 188
relume
Guide

Tired to wait for a possible downloadable firmware update in order to update the AC810 offline by PC and webbrowser, I switched the foreign SIM-card to the local SIM-card of my iPhone to get a internet-connection. The button to check for a firmware update is now activable and I was able to install the firmware NTG9X40C-11.14.08.20. Even with activated WiFi offload feature, I am able to check for a firmware update (button for checking firmware update is activable). After the successful firmware update I changed again the SIM-card back and for this reason no mobile internet-connection is possible due for deactivated data roaming setting. Now again with active/wokring WiFi offload feature, the button to check for a firmware update is not activable anymore.

I am asking seriously what is the deeper sens of this behavior? Why should I not be able to download/check a firmware update with the WiFi offload feature and have to have insert a working SIM-card? Sorry I do not see any sens of it. Please make the AC810 working with some logic!

The next test with the new firmware update will no follow - will I be finally able to charge the AC810 with one of the common vehicle/car charging adaptors? I hope!

Message 184 of 188
plus-sk
Apprentice

I can confirm that behaviour even with different APNs (same operator), sometimes the AC810 could not connect to update server.

Message 185 of 188
relume
Guide

Hello

I can confirm, that with the new firmware (NTG9X40C-11.14.08.20) I am now able to charge the AC810 with a vehicle/car charging adaptor.

best regards,

Message 186 of 188
Imraanp
Aspirant

Hi, has anyone found an offline firmware update package for this device? I currently have an AC810S with firmware NTG9X40C_11.14.08.12 and build date 2016/09/14. From other posts in this forum, I have seen that it is not the latest firmware version available. Using the device to search for Updates returns no results, saying there are no updates available. I am using an AUS version in the Middle East. Any ideas? Furthermore, I have this annoying message "Detecting Service" on the screen. Everything else (Internet connection, wifi, etc) is working fine, just can't get rid of the message though. Any ideas on this as well? Imraan
Message 187 of 188
lobinqui
Aspirant

No offline firmwares. AUS in not like EU version. What you have is the latest for AUS hardware. You can't get rid of 'detecting service' - this is Telstra app, it sends ussd requests to check the balance and data limits. Say no to quran, read Bible.

Message 188 of 188
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7