× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk LTE Hotspot WiFi Extender Options

Claypaul17
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk LTE Hotspot WiFi Extender Options

We have limited internet options where we live (Satellite, DSL, Mobile Hotspot). We choose to go with the Mobile Hotspot through AT&T because we have good cell service at home. So far it is working great for us other than the WiFi does not extend too far from the device.
I am needing to know if there is any options out there to extend the WiFi of our Nighthawk?
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
iSarge4
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk LTE Hotspot WiFi Extender Options

First, you're going to have to decide how many walls and/or floors the Wi-Fi signal has to go through.

I'm no expert, but I believe you can run an ethernet cable from the Netgear Nighthawk LTE Hotspot Wi-Fi Extender ethernet port to the yellow WAN port on a Linksys Max-Stream AC3000 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router (BestBuy.com for $199 USD). For a more powerful Wi-Fi solution, check the NETGEAR - Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router $479 USD (Model:R9000-100NAS SKU:5610805). Again, plug the ethernet cable into the LTE Hotspot Wi-Fi Extender ethernet port and the other end into the yellow port (WAN port). Both of these solutions extend the Wi-Fi range of the Netgear Nighthawk LTE Hotspot Wi-Fi Extender markedly, the R9000 more so.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7