× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 drops in and out even after adding a 7dBi Gain antennae

Lincon
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 drops in and out even after adding a 7dBi Gain antennae

Hello everyone,,

I live 48km from Perth at Serpentine on the coast side of the Darling Ranges.. My ADSL2  connection deteriorated over the past 5 years and drifted between 0.4mbps and 1.6mbps despite numerous visits from Telstra who grumbled it was poor connectors at each node  and that I lived 4 km from the exchange. As I had no problems with my Telstra mobile phone connection on my i phone 8 (although it was only 2 bars)  I would give mobile broadband a go with Telstra. My Nighthawk MR1100 router arrived on 28 December and is performing even worse drifting in and out of connection. I did an Ookla speed test and it sits around 0.4mbps...worse than my ADSL. I have had the router checked by Telstra at a Telstra shop and nothing wrong with it....was reading 38mbps. They suggested  I purchase an antennae from JCar.  I have attached a $69 Digitech 7dBi Gain 3G &4G antennae and initially it registered 28mbps but  an hour later and it is down to 0.1mbps. Has anyone got any suggestions as we can't even do home banking and I am trying to run a business from home.Could someone also advise me how I can do a speed test through Netgear??

Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 drops in and out even after adding a 7dBi Gain antennae

Hi @Lincon

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

For poor performance issue, please try the following: 

- Check the WiFi signal level . If WiFi signal is low, check the WiFi range options in UI and make sure it is not set to Short. 
- Compare speedtest result when connected to 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Try changing WiFi channel and check if there is any improvement 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
barrysingh101
Aspirant

Like others before me, I'm fed up with having to reboot my Nighthawk MR1 every time I stop briefly on my computer (MacBook Air) or when I close down my computer. I used a Sierra mobile router before which never required rebooting. The Telstra technician suggested changing the time-out feature under "Advanced" to "Never" but this makes no difference.

Can you please help?

Message 3 of 4
barrysingh101
Aspirant

hello, any update ? shareit vidmate

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7