× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear mr6110-1s4mes

saleh86
Guide

Netgear mr6110-1s4mes

I own an mr6110-1s4mes router, and I suffer from several problems, most notably

- A large drain in the battery and heat, as the router does not last more than 6 to 7 hours only in normal use, unlike my previous router m5, which lasts for more than 12 hours
Some options only work by restarting the router several times, such as wifi 160mhz and changing the network port speed to 10/100/1000mbps.
The ethernet connection does not work with the xbox series

I have NTGX65 update 10.04.16.00

I watched several routers with the latest NTGX65 10.04.23.00 update

I hope to fix the problems and send an update that solves them
Message 1 of 34
Hadeiazmi
Star

I agree with you

I suffer from these problems
Message 2 of 34
a5x5x
Initiate

I suffer from these problems
Message 3 of 34
m7amd95
Initiate

I agree with you.
I suffer from these problems too.

Can you kindly fix these problems, please?
Message 4 of 34
khanQ6r
Initiate

Hi, I suffer from the same problem. The battery consumption does not last more than 6 to 7 hours. I add a note when choosing LTE ALL and restarting the device. A 5G signal appears on the device screen, but the network is LTE ALL. Please, we want an update that solves the problem. Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 34
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We would like to verify the following information:

- Where did you purchase the device? 
- Who is your Internet provider? 
- Is the M6 AC-powered on without the battery? 
- Kindly login to M6 Web UI, go to Diagnostics page to check the device temperature when you think it is overheated. 
Settings > Status > Diagnostics

@saleh86

As for the Ethernet not working with the xBox series, please make sure that Ethernet Settings is enabled.

Go to Settings > Advanced > Mobile Router Setup > Ethernet > checked 'Enable'

Did you enable Ethernet offloading? If so, kindly disable Ethernet offloading option then check xBox connection.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 6 of 34
saleh86
Guide

Hi, the device is Netgear from the telecommunications company stc, State of Kuwait. I sent you 4 pictures of the device’s temperature under normal use, the temperature is high, a picture of the device’s information, a picture of my device, an old update, and a picture of my friend’s device. The solutions I sent regarding the Xbox do not work. There is a general problem with the device. I expect all problems. Please update and thank you very much
https://ibb.co/WKLvVY7

https://ibb.co/MgvkpSs

https://ibb.co/d6BCsXR

https://ibb.co/d6BCsXR
Message 7 of 34
saleh86
Guide

Everyone has a problem with the device, as mentioned in the Netgear forum, each one and the problem that he noticed, please solve the problem. Thank you
Message 8 of 34
Ahmedmelhafy
Initiate

Yes we suffer from this problem the one that is mentions from all members, we wish you solve it as soon as possible. The device needs an update to solve all the problems.
Message 9 of 34
MustafaAhmad
Initiate

@Blanca_O
Hi
Please, I can't use the device. All of what was mentioned by the previous members is correct. I hope you deliver my message to the technical support department.
Message 10 of 34
Johnjony
Initiate

Yes, it is true. I also suffer from the same problem mentioned by all the members. I add to it after there is a heat in the pocket mode, and the update is old for me. We hope to find a solution to all the mentioned problems and treat them as long as you are friendly
Message 11 of 34
Hadeiazmi
Star

@Blanca_O

Power modes are just the form of the power saving or performance mode, all of them have a drain on the battery, even when changing the network mode to lte only.

It's unreasonable that the battery only lasts 8 hours and I put the power saving mode and put the grid to the lte with only 5ghz activation.
Message 12 of 34
saleh86
Guide

@Blanca_O
Hello, please contact us with the technical support stc Kuwait and there is no response from them. Is it possible not to solve the problem until now everyone suffers from this problem. Thank you
Message 13 of 34
Naifq8
Aspirant

@Blanca_O

The device suffers from obvious problems, and I did not find any cooperation from stc
Message 14 of 34
Hadeiazmi
Star

Is it reasonable that a device worth $ 700, its battery does not last more than 8 hours, and the ethernet port does not work with the Xbox?
Message 15 of 34
iMODYx11
Aspirant

I agree with all the statements above
And sadly the device doesn't support 5G connection on My STC telecommunications sim in ( Saudi Arabia )
Message 16 of 34
TamiAsmi
Initiate

Dear Blanca,
I just got my Netgear m6110 and unfortunately I faced 2 problems
1) regarding the battery consumption.
2) the 5g signal is difficult to maintain.
Is there any chance that you will update the software to resolve those issues ? because I have a chance till the end of the week to return the router and buy another type.
Message 17 of 34
Hadeiazmi
Star

I went to the stc maintenance center, which is more than an hour away from my house, just for an update! Unfortunately, I got an update and it did not solve the battery and heat problems, and the wifi 160mhz option was also canceled? Why haven't the problems been solved? Why was the 160MHz option canceled?

New Firmware Version
NTGX65_10.04.23.01
Message 18 of 34
saleh86
Guide

@Blanca_O
Hi
This is assumed that the issue is solved by the technical team for the problems that all members complain about, explaining to you in the NetGear community, and there is no solution to this day that is considered a bad reputation for an established company like Net Gear.
Message 19 of 34
mcuadrado
Guide

Hello,

Im part of NETGEAR team , I came across your post where you mentioned facing battery life issues with your Netgear M6 while using it with your Xbox. I've got a suggestion that might help you get better performance and completely eliminate battery life concerns, but I noticed that your use case is a high demand for gaming and maybe streaming, so Instead of using the Netgear M6 with the built-in battery, you can try using it without the battery and selecting the 'AC-Powered' mode under the power manager options. This way, the device will rely on a constant power source, allowing it to deliver optimal performance without any battery limitations.

Here's how to do it:

Remove the battery from your Netgear M6.
Connect the device to a stable power source using the provided AC adapter.
Access the device's web interface by connecting to its Wi-Fi network and opening a browser.
Navigate to the Power Manager section in the settings menu.
Choose the 'AC-Powered' mode and save your settings.
By switching to AC-Powered mode, you'll not only eliminate battery life concerns but also potentially experience a more stable internet connection. Keep in mind that this setup will make your hotspot less portable, but if you're primarily using it at home with your Xbox, this shouldn't be an issue.

I hope this solution works for you, and you can enjoy seamless gaming sessions without worrying about the battery life of your Netgear M6. Let us know how it turns out!

In respect the 160 Mhz, I will try to contact you privately and know better about this topic.

Regards!

Message 20 of 34
Hadeiazmi
Star

Hello @mcuadrado

The battery is very bad and lasts only 8 hours, whether I change to low power mode or make the LTE network, and my use is very light, just browsing The device has a very high temperature, and I cannot bear to put it in the pocket, compared to the M5 The network port does not work with the Xbox unless the AC battery is removed and the ethernet speed is reduced to 100mbps - I went to maintenance and updated NTGX65_10.04.23.01 and it still suffers from the same previous problems and the vht160 option that supports wifi 6 160mhz was removed

before the update
https://ibb.co/Z89hmy9
After the update
https://ibb.co/1fDvVGV
Message 21 of 34
mcuadrado
Guide

Hi @Hadeiazmi ,

let´s break the topics

#1 for battery lasting time 8 hours could you describe your scenario, how many clients are you using via wifi and via Ethernet ?

Can you share diagnostics page on the device in your most common uses case , here http://192.168.1.1/index.html#settings/diagnostics.

Please share the complete page details, actually you maybe need to scroll down to take 2 screenshots

Please note according to our internal testing as per our manual , page 60 , I would like to compare with your scenario with this , that´s reason of above questions

mcuadrado_0-1680027921829.png

# For device temperature , can you also share the scenario, and share the diagnostics page and if possible share your environment and location of the device when you notice that.

# For the Xbox, Im testing here with my Xbox one, selecting Performance power mode and Xbox is working fine, Im downloading the lasts update, can you verify that selecting performance mode works for you ? in Balanced   mode the Giga port is off in the M6 by design . Again , our recommendation for gaming scenarios using Ethernet port is maybe use the M6 as a fixed router , removing the battery  and power it with the provided power adapter, as explained in previous post.

mcuadrado_1-1680028607054.png

mcuadrado_2-1680028623496.png

# About 160 Mhz channel width, Im working internally to have a new firmware to make this feature available again for customer selection. will update you soon.

Thanks for your post and I'm happy to have a personal remote session with you if you consider.

Regards1

Message 22 of 34
Hadeiazmi
Star

Hi @mcuadrado

the battery: The device is experiencing battery drain. My use is very simple. Just browse like Instagram and Twitter. There is only a highly connected device s22. Sometimes it does not last up to 7 hours. The power modes are just a form, there is no difference, they are all all, there is a terrible drain

Ethernet:

When I run the router on battery the ethernet connects to the xbox for 5 minutes then disconnects and this repeats - When connected to wifi, it works normally and smoothly On removing the battery the problem recurs and requires that I reduce my ethernet speed to 100mbps for it to work normally

All my friends confirmed that there is a problem with the battery, heat, and the ethernet port compared to the netgear m5

Diagnostics:
https://ibb.co/Q9Qw73Q
https://ibb.co/PZypB7C
https://ibb.co/zs7FDFP

Message 23 of 34
Hadeiazmi
Star

@mcuadrado

Well, I would like to call you remotely
But my English is weak
Message 24 of 34
mcuadrado
Guide

Can you send me your phone in a private message and I will call you tomorrow ?
Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7