× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Night Hawk M6 Slow Speed even with full 5g signal

Alcaide1975
Follower

Night Hawk M6 Slow Speed even with full 5g signal

Using the Night Hawk M6 with full 5g signal and the speeds won't go higher than 50mbps. I have a huawei 5g and in the same location i get over 300mbps. Why is this happening?

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

You'd have to check with the isp. Some ISP's limit the speed for hotspots. 

I know at my parents, their verizon hotspot maxes at 50mbps but you can hit 200+ on a phone. But its because its limited for home usage. 

Message 2 of 8
JT240Z
Luminary

What provider are you using?

Message 3 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please advise which carrier's SIM card you are using, T-Mobile or ATT? And what is the device module name?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
2Saucy
Aspirant

m6 Pro thru att business account on a unlimited data plan get 50mbps download speed but the upload speed is always below 5mbps. when updated to the unlimited plan it was advertised as " up to 25mbps speeds" the first month i upgraded plan it was great always over 20mbps every month after now its been well below 5 mbps and its going on 4 months almost 5 months now. I've called and complained every month and they are no help what so ever. im payin $75 a month for these speedes also! any help would be greatlyt appreciated

Message 5 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@2Saucy wrote:

m6 Pro thru att business account on a unlimited data plan get 50mbps download speed but the upload speed is always below 5mbps. when updated to the unlimited plan it was advertised as " up to 25mbps speeds" the first month i upgraded plan it was great always over 20mbps every month after now its been well below 5 mbps and its going on 4 months almost 5 months now. I've called and complained every month and they are no help what so ever. im payin $75 a month for these speedes also! any help would be greatlyt appreciated

Please help to capture a model.json file and email to me at jopeng@netgear.com.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Please log in to WebUI first before capture the log.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
2Saucy
Aspirant

im not sure if this is what you were askin  me to do?

Message 7 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@2Saucy wrote:

im not sure if this is what you were askin  me to do?

Yes. Please provide the logs to further check on your reported issue on the slow UL speed.

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7