× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 MR1100 External Port USB Type-A for Media and Storage Devices

seanebue
Star

Nighthawk M1 MR1100 External Port USB Type-A for Media and Storage Devices

I had a 3TB Seagate Barracuda XT with a 3.5 Inches enclosure USB 3.0 that is formatted to NTFS and that I've tried for several times to connect thru the MR1100 external port USB Type-A. Unfortunately, MR1100 can not read/detect my storage device. I had some several 16gb, 32 & 64GB flashdrives and working fine with the USB Type-A port, indication that the external port USB Type-A is functional.

Does Nighthawk M1 MR1100 does not support 2.5/3.5 Inches HDD? Does anyone tried to connect such high storage devices? 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk M1 MR1100 External Port USB Type-A for Media and Storage Devices

Hi seanebue, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Do you need to load a driver to your computer before you can access the HDD? If so, this type of HDD do not work with MR1100. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
seanebue
Star

Re: Nighthawk M1 MR1100 External Port USB Type-A for Media and Storage Devices

Hi Blanca,

Good morning here from Philippines!

The answer is NO, I don't need driver for my HDD to load in my computer and I can access my hdd in all my gadgets except that with MR1100 sometimes I can access it, but most of the time it does'nt.

I am just wondering probably because my HDD type is GPT formatted with NTFS has a capacity of 3Tb. I tried 1Tb and below and its working.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7