× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 MR1100 trouble connecting Xbox 360 S to internet/Xbox Live

RoXerS
Follower

Nighthawk M1 MR1100 trouble connecting Xbox 360 S to internet/Xbox Live

Hello-

I live in a rural area and currently, the best option for internet for gaming/streaming has been through AT&T mobile hotspot, Nighthawk MR1100. Everything is working great on all my devices (Xbox One, DirecTV, phones, tablets and computers, printer) EXCEPT my Xbox 360 S, which we use in our bedroom to stream Netflix and HBO.  Ever since we switched to the Nighthawk Mobile Hotspot through AT&T, we've been unable to connect the 360 to Xbox Live. My current workaround is to create a hotspot with my phone and connect the 360 to my phone... which works perfectly.  Modem/Router is directly below the bedroom so I don't believe signal strength is an issue, since everything else connects to fine. Anyone have a solution for me?

Symptoms:

-Xbox 360 connects to the network but fails to connect to the Internet and Xbox Live

-Nighthawk detects the IP of the Xbox 360 in the app

-2.4Ghz is the only choice. 5Ghz isn't an option. 

Tried Solutions:

-Reboots, on everything

-Removed security requirements on network

-Changed channel settings

-Reset to factory defaults

-Tried Manual DNS 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

Side note: Xbox 360 S streams HBO content better than Xbox One, which always has to buffer every minute or so. Has anyone else figured out a solution to that for their Xbox One? 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 3
RMinNJ
Luminary

Did you try moving the 360s next to the mr1100 temporarily to see if it works...That would tell you if its the wireless signal.   

It does sound like something is blocking the 360...ie UpNp  on the 1100  but you say the xbox one works fine through it.

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 2 of 3
lucaswilner
Aspirant

I had a similar issue, spent ages looking through setting and dealing with many support representatives. At the point when all the issue was, was an incompatible router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7