× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 extremely heavy data usage

Garrysozo
Initiate

Nighthawk M1 extremely heavy data usage

My (model MR1100) Nighthawk M1 is using one heck of a lot of data without me watching any videos and it's been doing it since I bought the Nighthawk three or four months ago. Where/how can I look at the data usage history to find out which device or programme is using the data? It's not my android phone as it's used less than 1gb in the past 30days. My MacBook Pro only shows real time data usage ...not the past month's history which is what I need. Also, what is the minimium size block of data used by my nighthawk M1? Thanks, Garrysozo.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Garrysozo, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Who is your ISP? The data usage displayed from the Mobile app is the estimated data usage. Kindly log into the mobile router setting from a web browser. 

1. From a computer that is connected to your network, launch a web browser.

2. Enter http://192.168.1.1. A login page displays.

3. Enter the administrator login password. The password is case-sensitive. The mobile router dashboard displays the estimated data usage in the right pane.

4. To view more details, click the CHECK MY ACCOUNT link.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Garrysozo, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Who is your ISP? The data usage displayed from the Mobile app is the estimated data usage. Kindly log into the mobile router setting from a web browser. 

1. From a computer that is connected to your network, launch a web browser.

2. Enter http://192.168.1.1. A login page displays.

3. Enter the administrator login password. The password is case-sensitive. The mobile router dashboard displays the estimated data usage in the right pane.

4. To view more details, click the CHECK MY ACCOUNT link.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

@Garrysozo

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Garrysozo
Initiate

The heave data usage issue turned out to be Spotify running in the background whenever my Mac connected. Since I removed the Spotify app data usage has returned to an acceptable level. However I have a second issue. My upload speed is very slow/poor at a rate less than 1kb/sec sometimes single figures but never make it up to 1kbytes/sec. I suspect it's a Telstra issue. Would I be correct or is there a setting on my Nighthawk that I need to tweek? Thanks, Garry
Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

@Garrysozo

Thank you for the update. Do you have good signal bars when you run speed test? Please contact Telstra to check the connection. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series