× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 loosing 4G connectivity and not getting it back

czj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 loosing 4G connectivity and not getting it back

I'm having issues with my australian Nighthawk M1 while in France, with a french SIM card and a french LTE provider (Free).

After a few hours, randomly, the 4G connexions is lost and it does not come back unless I either reboot the routeur, or simply change any of the cellular connectivity settings.

I'm near Paris, near the antenna and getting nearly 100 Mbps down & 30 Mbps up. So the connectivity is excellent, I don't think it is an issue with the mobile operator as I have severall people around me using the same one with a different 4G modem and getting 100% stable connectivity. 

It is a real pain as I use this as my main Internet access and it makes the hardware frequently unusable.

Model: MR1100| Nighthawk M1
Message 1 of 4
czj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried a factory reset 4 times before posting this issue here.

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Czj

The M1 is a Telstra aircard and was meant for use in Australia and has not been tested in France so you may run into connection issues you are having with different ISP.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
czj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying but the hardware has roaming functionnality, and you can add other carriers configuration. So I think when I'm not in Australia it should be working as a reliable LTE modem too. $60 LTE modems are more stable this 5x more expensive one.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7