× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1- motorhome, security camera

Peregrinator
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1- motorhome, security camera

I use the Nighthawk M1 in my motorhome for my laptop and phones to connect to the web, also for my internal security camera/nighthawk to alert us if someone enters the motorhome, security camera works great if parked outside the house with our phones using the wifi,

however, when we are away from the motorhome, we can't connect to the camera via the Nighthawk.

Dont think I understand how to connect all three together, so that we can use our smart phones to connect to the Nighthawk to use the camera? can anybody help?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1- motorhome, security camera

@Peregrinator wrote:

I use the Nighthawk M1 in my motorhome for my laptop and phones to connect to the web, also for my internal security camera/nighthawk to alert us if someone enters the motorhome, security camera works great if parked outside the house with our phones using the wifi,

however, when we are away from the motorhome, we can't connect to the camera via the Nighthawk.

Dont think I understand how to connect all three together, so that we can use our smart phones to connect to the Nighthawk to use the camera? can anybody help?

To allow you to access the security camera while you are away from your motorhome, your camera needs to have cloud sevice. 

Message 2 of 5
Peregrinator
Aspirant

I shell look into that, Thank you.

Message 3 of 5
Peregrinator
Aspirant

One thing though, why would I need cloud service, when all I want to do is look direct from camera? cloud to do that? I want direct use in real time, not storage, Sorry I dont get it?.

@JohnPeng wrote:

@Peregrinator wrote:

To allow you to access the security camera while you are away from your motorhome, your camera needs to have cloud sevice. 

Message 4 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Peregrinator wrote:

One thing though, why would I need cloud service, when all I want to do is look direct from camera? cloud to do that? I want direct use in real time, not storage, Sorry I dont get it?.

To access your camera from outside, you need a fixed IP to M1. But most of carriers don't support this. You need to have special plan with VPN support from your carrier in order to have the fixed IP service. Or you can't remote access your network behind M1 since there will be security risk if no VPN enabled.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7