× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M2 (M2100) telstra.extranet

mackov83
Star

Nighthawk M2 (M2100) telstra.extranet

Hi, bought a Nighthawk M2 tonight t try and resolve a customer issue. It was purchased on a business plan in order to get true public IP address using telstra.extranet APN. This was required as it will provide internet for one end of an IPSec tunnel.

I have applied the APN successfully on the M2 via cellular settings. However, I notice since then the device has:

• Dropped back to 3G
  • Asks for authentication 
  • Has no public IP at all - prior to the change it appeared to be a Class A 10.x.x.x

Anybody had similar issues? If so, have you managed to resolve them?

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 2
Waykatservices
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M2 (M2100) telstra.extranet

@mackov83 wrote:

Hi, bought a Nighthawk M2 tonight t try and resolve a customer issue. It was purchased on a business plan in order to get true public IP address using telstra.extranet APN. This was required as it will provide internet for one end of an IPSec tunnel.

I have applied the APN successfully on the M2 via cellular settings. However, I notice since then the device has:

• Dropped back to 3G
  • Asks for authentication 
  • Has no public IP at all - prior to the change it appeared to be a Class A 10.x.x.x

Anybody had similar issues? If so, have you managed to resolve them?

Hi ya mackov83

The only way to resolve your issue is to purchase & use a commercial routee such as a Teltonika.

As a specialiesd Regional, Rural & Remote communications, telecommunications & telementry we do this all the time with extranet.

If we can be of any assistance to you please feel free to reach out.

Regards

Wayne Pryor

Managung Director

Waykat Services

Email sales@waykatservices.com.au

Facebook http://facebook.com/waykatservices

Pinterest http://punterest.com/waykatservices

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos