× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M2 MR2100 Not working with EE

BoultsG
Aspirant

Nighthawk M2 MR2100 Not working with EE

Strange one this. My M2 was purchased unlocked from new. I have been using with EE for over 12 months with no issues. 

Over the last few weeks, whilst travelling, there have been areas where my M2 does not receive any signal, though my phone shows 3-4 bar signal strength.

To make matters worse, I have a Huawei E5577cs-321 and when I put the sim card from the M2 into the Huawei I get at least 4 bar strength signal.

I have the latest firmware version and after searching the forums I see other EE related  issues but not this one. Are there problems with EE and the Netgear M2? 

Br

Gary

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 3
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M2 MR2100 Not working with EE

EE MR2100 has been EOL already and the FW release is quite old. When the EE M2 was released, the band settings were following EE's requirements, which may limit the device's capbility to roam on other network. 

If you can provide which roaming network you were using, I can help to check.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
BoultsG
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M2 MR2100 Not working with EE

Hi John, my MR 2100 was bought unlocked from Amazon, I have a number of phones on an EE account so I purchased a SIM card for the MR 1200 unit. In exactly the same location the MR 2100 would not connect to the EE network, but it would connect when the SIM card was put in the HUAWEI unit that I have as a spare.

Regards
Gary
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series