× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M2 MR2100 speed reduction

Söldier
Aspirant

Nighthawk M2 MR2100 speed reduction

Hello,

after using the M2 for a few days, it appears that the speed is significantly reduced.

At the original set up i get speeds of 100MBps+.

Then after a few days use (ethernet out to wifi router always on), the speeds drop to under 60MBps.

When I notice the reduction in speed, a reboot does restore the high speeds - but then within about 2 hours, the speeds drop again. Reboot again and the cycle continues.

What's more is that I was able to get faster speeds sustained for longer after doing a factory restore - then, again, I get about 2-4 days of good speeds. At this point rebooting behaves the same as above.

Is there any more troubleshooting steps I can take to investigate why this is happening? 

Its almost as if CA is dropping off.

My configuration is quite simple, only changing two settings,

1. IP passthrough on

2. Ethernet standby off

Battery is remvoed due to it being on all the time.

Temperature ranges between 37°C and 49°C

Thanks

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 3
Söldier
Aspirant

Also, forgot to mention, the band is always on Band 3

Message 2 of 3
n3t
Apprentice
Apprentice

You have some other WiFi router connected to the Ethernet port of your M2, do I understand this correctly? (If I don't please elaborate.)

How are you checking the speed? With some app running on a computer, phone or tablet connected to this other router over WiFi?

In my case I found that this other router was the culprit which had to be rebooted to restore the original speed for devices connected over WiFi; the speed of the Ethernet ports of the router did not degrade FWIW. (My case does not involve an M2 though.)

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series