× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M6 5G WiFi 6 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR6150) battery cover keeps falling off

loralex
Guide

Nighthawk M6 5G WiFi 6 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR6150) battery cover keeps falling off

It's just me?

Apparently the support hasn't heard of this issue before....

I have a problem with the back panel of the M6.

I don't really touch it much since I use it hooked up to the charger and the antenna and the battery is out....but the back panel is very weak...as soon as you pick the box up maybe to clean or even just move it on the desk, it falls off...is quite annoying and very poorly designed for something that cost 800$ (with the antenna)

So I Was curious if others lamented the same thing, so that, MAYBE Netgear will recall these models and design better ones...this thing is meant for travelling and be brought around. That's the purpose of being mobile and that's why I bough it.

I have a house in Italy and I go there a lot. I have a Google Fi data only sim card that covers me worldwide at no extra cost. Buying this hotspot although pricey was a no brainer...but it's like having a remote control that constantly loses it's battery lid.
Quite annoying.

So....it's just me?

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk M6 5G WiFi 6 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR6150) battery cover keeps falling off

I have the MR6110 (basically the same with slightly lower speeds) and its back cover stays on fine. I've taken it off multiple times because I take the battery out when setup at a single location and run it plugged in. Never had any issues with the cover. Maybe something is broken on your cover

Message 2 of 8
loralex
Guide

It's not broken....it's clearly a design fault. Maybe this one came out "weak" on the very tiny clips on the cover, no idea.

It's just annoying

made a little video here https://photos.app.goo.gl/dnrHfd9Zd8JWviHh8

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Mine has that exact same cover and it works fine. 

Maybe you got a sketchy cover or sketchy contacts on the case part. You could try RMA'ing if it bothers you enough. Or exchange it where you bought it. 

Message 4 of 8
loralex
Guide

Amazon of course (too lazy to go in stores evidently) 🙂

Maybe is the lid, yeah. it does look a bit "twisted" and again as you probably saw from the video it's hooked up to the external antenna and is on the max performance setting, which is disabled unless the battery is out. So really the only time I touched it was to put the battery in and a few minutes later when I read I had to pull it out.

I'll check with amazon if they can send a spare cover

....worst scenario I'll just tape it! 😂

I'm travelling to Italy in two months and planning on using it there. WITH the battery this time

I'll update this if successful in getting a spare

thanks!

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Good luck! Not sure if they'll send you a cover but amazon has a pretty good return process. Might be faster to just exchange it. And that's a pretty high end model so I'd insist on either fixing it or exchanging it. 🙂

Netgear does have support but amazon is a lot faster/cheaper if you're still within their exchange period. 

Message 6 of 8
loralex
Guide

Apparently not LOL

(amazon)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ryan Jay | Customer Service

I would love to get it replaced as soon as possible. However upon checking here, replacement was not available, but don't worry, I'll be glad to assist you get in touch with the manufacturer to take advantage of the warranty to lessen the hassle of returning the item. Would that work?
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Shooties. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7