× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M6 WiFi Hotspot connected to my security cameras

zallsup
Tutor

Nighthawk M6 WiFi Hotspot connected to my security cameras

I have trying to use my M6 to connect 2 Vtech security camera and attempt to view these camera remotely via a mobile app.  I can view the cameras just fine when all devices are connected to the same wifi network supplied by the M6.  However when I'm remote from the location where they are installed, my mobile app can not connect to the camera.  I'm trying to use the M6 to replace my current service provided by HugesNet satellite internet.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
zallsup
Tutor

Apparently Port Forwarding is not an option on the M6110... which is a Wifi hotspot type router.   I do have another question that would like some input on, can I connect a router that has port forwarding and then connect the M6110 as the internet provider to the network and then use the other router to connect to the cameras via wifi?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Schielke
Guide

Have you tried port forwarding?

Message 2 of 4
zallsup
Tutor

Apparently Port Forwarding is not an option on the M6110... which is a Wifi hotspot type router.   I do have another question that would like some input on, can I connect a router that has port forwarding and then connect the M6110 as the internet provider to the network and then use the other router to connect to the cameras via wifi?

Message 3 of 4
zallsup
Tutor

So apparently the M6 was not the problem all along.  The problem was in the mobile application it appears.  removed the app from the phone and reinstalled it. connected the cameras to the Netgear M6 WiFi and then is started working.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7