× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR 1100 not connecting to internet on prepaid Sim Card

PalmTree1
Follower

Nighthawk MR 1100 not connecting to internet on prepaid Sim Card

Help! I've been driven mad trying to troubleshoot why my unlocked Netgear Nighthawk MR100 isn't loading my prepaid ATT SIM card data. The router is connecting to devices, the firmware is up to date. On the app it shows that its connected to ATT LTE. But, none of the data I purchased is showing up. WhY?! I double checked that the ATT card has the data loaded. I've tried what seems like everything and I cannot get this thing to work.I have a coworker who has this model nighthawk AND an ATT SIM card with no issues. I've been led to a APN hole ( I don't even really know what this is) but at least i'm trying. UGH. Is there anyone out there who can help? I would beyond appreciate it. Thank you in advance for reading!!! 

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk MR 1100 not connecting to internet on prepaid Sim Card

did you check with ATT? Many of their sims are phone only and don't support hotspots. 

Lately att and t-mobile have been cracking down on this

Message 2 of 3
JT240Z
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk MR 1100 not connecting to internet on prepaid Sim Card

ATT seems to be the worst about this.  I had one ATT store insist that I can only get 5G service when using a postpaid plan when ATT's website clearly shows prepaid hotspot data only plans.  Very shady business dealings.  T-Mobile hasn't given me any problems with data only plans.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7