× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk MR5200 (M5) - We need your feedback!

JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@nikita11 wrote:

I would like to know what should I do to solve my problem? I described my problem above. I often lose network on my router. It helps only reboot is not the first time. It also happens that the speed and stability of the Internet connection drops very much.

I received your logs. They are looking correct with LTE CA connection. You are not connecting on 5G network.

Can you try to capture a log when you see the data connection drop with lower throughput? Do you know what LTE and 5G bands are MegaFone supports?

Thanks

John

Message 226 of 256
nikita11
Aspirant

JohnPeng on 4g exactly b1 b3 b7 b20 b38 b40 and some more are supported. by 5g 1 5 25 29 n79. but 5g is not available in my region. I am in Russia, there is a very limited 5g coverage, I have speed drops in 4g

Message 227 of 256
by73
Aspirant

I have two MR5200 devices (one hardware revision 1.3, one hardware revision 1.2). The device with hardware revison 1.3 works perfectly. The other device repeatedly has problems connecting correctly in rural areas.

Whenever the problem occurs, only the B20 band is available. Apparently the device just won't connect to that band. All other bands are runing smoothly.

Message 228 of 256
jonvill
Aspirant

People are not listening to me nicely and on final callmy video was now not showing up here. Problems tune with installation of Orbi. On preserve for all time with customer service phone help line

Message 229 of 256
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

We released a new update today for EU M5 to address the 24 HR time display format and mainly to address the ethernet port stability issue reported by many customers. Please upgrade and let me know whether you are happy with the changes.

Sorry for the long delay on the release.

Thanks

Message 230 of 256
jslcom
Guide

John,

Is this an EU-only release, or did the NA version also get an update?  Also, is there some place where I can read the release notes to get a better idea of the issues (as understood by the developers), and how they were addressed?

Thanks!

Jeff

Message 231 of 256
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Jeff,

An NA release will come soon with the fix.

Thanks

John

Message 232 of 256
Marko_
Guide

**bleep** you for removing my valid comments. This device should never have hit production. Most of us got scammed out of 800eur. I'll let Reddit know about this bull**bleep**. Happy Streisand affect to you all.

Message 233 of 256
Marko_
Guide

Remedy this **bleep**show, please. I'll provide the serial number of my device, and my account number for the reimbursement.

Message 234 of 256
dpcheng
Star

I updated the firmware to NTGX55_12.04.17.00 on the MR5200 and the check for new firmware no longer works. Before the update it would complete the check and said no firmware available.
Message 235 of 256
Fabpoe
Tutor

No changes in the antenna issue as well the update bug.
Message 236 of 256
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Currently, the upgrade server is down to install security patch. Please try to upgrade later.

Thanks

John

Message 237 of 256
dpcheng
Star

This is the error I'm getting.
Message 238 of 256
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@JohnPeng wrote:

Currently, the upgrade server is down to install security patch. Please try to upgrade later.

Thanks

John

The upgrade server is back online. Please check and upgrade your devices.

Thanks

Message 239 of 256
2K-Beam
Aspirant

My MR5200 just updated on it's own.
In the middle of work, without any warning it suddenly reboot and said "updating..."
When it came back on, it was ver 12.04.17.00

I couldn't find anywhere, not on Netgear site and not anywhere on the net, a release note or any information about this version and what it fixes/improves.

Can anyone shed some light on the mysterious update?

Shall I expect the device keep updating itself without farther notice?
I could have been in the middle of production streaming project.
How do I prevent automatic updates in the future?

Thanks.

Message 240 of 256
kubi
Aspirant

Also ich konnte feststellen das die Uhrzeit nun in 24-Stunden-Zeitanzeigeformat angezeigt wird.Bei mir auch ohne Vorwarnung zackkk I- Net weg

Message 241 of 256
dpcheng
Star

To stop the MR5200 auto update firmware. Goto Notifications in Settings and turn off New software update.
Message 242 of 256
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

For M5 autoupdate, it is controlled by the server. Sorry of the interruption the update may cause during the day. We will improve the behaviors for the future products to allow the upgrade happening after midnight.

Thanks

Message 243 of 256
kubi
Aspirant

Hallo ein Link oder Bereitstellung wäre woll angenehmer.dann kann man es updaten,wenn die Zeit da ist.Oder?

Message 244 of 256
gennyo
Aspirant

Can I have some advanced DHCP and DNS function?

1. Assign IP and hostnames to specific clients.

2. Internal DNS resolves LAN client hostnames using information in Point 1.

3. Internal DNS forwards to not only gateway DHCP published DNS servers, also to a custom list of DNS servers.

Message 245 of 256
DonaldF
Aspirant

I purchased a NETGEAR Nighthawk M5 @WiFi Mobile Router (MR5200) unlocked for AT&T and T-Mobile on May 10, 2022.  

I acquired a nano SIM card from AT&T on May 16, 2022 and was issued a telephone number.

My intent for purchasing this product was to livestream bi-monthly meetings of an association to which I belong.

I believe that my Access Point Name and other settings for my AT&T wireless account are correct, but I have yet to be able to connect to the internet.  My firmware version is NTGX55_12.04.10.01 - and it says it's up to date.  I have a 25GB plan  which I have not used.  The only internet access i have been able to use has been my iPhone 11 and now iPhone 13 as a hotspot.  

Can the community help me solve this problem?

DonaldF

Message 246 of 256
dpcheng
Star

Could an option to send USSD codes be added to the M5 to simplify SIM operations?
Message 247 of 256
dpcheng
Star

Check whether your APN settings for AT&T.are correct,

Message 248 of 256
Daniel_Boerger
Aspirant

I updated 2 of our Routers that we use for LiveStreaming. Since the new firmware update the perfomance has degraded way under tolerable levels. The LAN-Connection is also unstable.

For example:
Router #1 (no update) - bitrate around 330 with 5G connection
Router #2 (with update) bitrate around 20 with 5G connection

We experienced this on multiple routers. Seems like your firmware update did something wrong.

Message 249 of 256
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Daniel_Boerger wrote:

I updated 2 of our Routers that we use for LiveStreaming. Since the new firmware update the perfomance has degraded way under tolerable levels. The LAN-Connection is also unstable.

For example:
Router #1 (no update) - bitrate around 330 with 5G connection
Router #2 (with update) bitrate around 20 with 5G connection

We experienced this on multiple routers. Seems like your firmware update did something wrong.

Please do a factory reset on the upgraded device and see whether it helps. 

Please also provide the model.json file from 2 devices to compare. You can send PM to me. You can also try switch the SIM cards on both devices to see whether the issue follows SIM card?

Thanks

John

Message 250 of 256
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7