× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk MR6150 and T-Mobile

victorlothbrook
Follower

Nighthawk MR6150 and T-Mobile

After a day spent trying to figure out why I was getting an Error 1110 MM#6 when trying to setup my nighthawk with T-Mobile, wanted to share that the Nighthawk only works with T-Mobile's 50GB plan. It does not work with the 100GB plan. Hopefully, this will save someone time and frustration. T-Mobile should document this and Netgear should also let customers know the exact plan that will work with its devices. 

Message 1 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @victorlothbrook

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

The MM#6 was Network reject code. It is nothing to do with MR6150.

Not all mobile data plans are compatible with unlocked mobile hotspots. Better check with a representative to confirm if plan is compatible.

For more information, please see: https://kb.netgear.com/000064847/

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the information. We will add this to the KB article. Can you confirm the 100GB plan is from T-Mobile BYOD plan?

Based on our information, T-Mobile only provides maximum 50GB BYOD plan. We will check with T-Mo why 100GB is not available for M6 even though M6 was certified by T-Mo.

Regards

John

Message 3 of 7
Grundge
Aspirant

Is there anything Netgear can do to fix this? I am in the same boat. Have the 100 GB plan T-mobile plan and I get the MM#6 restriction. T-mobile only solution was to send me their hotspot device but that's not why I bought an $800 Netgear device. So I guess if I want this device to work I am only limited to 50 GB?
Message 4 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Grundge wrote:
Is there anything Netgear can do to fix this? I am in the same boat. Have the 100 GB plan T-mobile plan and I get the MM#6 restriction. T-mobile only solution was to send me their hotspot device but that's not why I bought an $800 Netgear device. So I guess if I want this device to work I am only limited to 50 GB?

We confirmed that the 100GB data plan in question is actually a popular, special data-only plan by T-Mobile. But it has been locked to primarily their own hotspot devices and some selected devices (Inseego MiFi M2000 hotspot, Samsung Tab S7 and S7+, Apple iPad Pro 5th Gen, and iPad 11th 3rd Gen.). This data-only plan is not expected to work on Netgear’s devices.

You can refer to the link below for BYOD plans that are confirmed working with Netgear devices.

Thanks

John

Message 5 of 7
hubbardb
Aspirant

Adding myself into this thread so that I can be notified if anything changes.

I am a long time MR1100 user on ATT who just switched to T-Mobile mainly to use their 100 GB hotspot data plan and the MR6150. This plan is obviously for heavy data users who need a mobile device, and the M6 is obviously the best device and is promoted as “Unlocked and T-Mobile compatible.” Obviously this isn’t accurate. I want to know what is being done to resolve this problem.

I contacted T-Mobile Support and heard a lot of double talk:

T-Mobile Support: 

“T-Mobile cannot and does not guarantee the functionality or performance of any handsets or devices that were not sold by T-Mobile or an authorized dealer of T-Mobile ("Non-T-Mobile Devices") for use on the T-Mobile network or while roaming on any other network. Nor do we guarantee the functionality of any handsets or devices that do not have a software version that was sold or updated by T-Mobile.

We strongly recommend you to contact the manufacturers of your Non-T-Mobile Devices with any questions or problems regarding the functionality, operation, or performance of their Non-T-Mobile Devices.”

Also this:

“T-Mobile allows this devices to get a service or data plan with us. However, since this is a non-tmobile device, we can no longer guarantee its functionality as a whole.

But it still allows and possible to get a service with us with the device you have.”

Netgear Support said that the M6 is “certified but not approved” on T-Mobile. Again, this is double talk that overlooks the fact that it does not work on the biggest mobile hotspot data plan they have.

Message 6 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@hubbardb wrote:

Adding myself into this thread so that I can be notified if anything changes.

I am a long time MR1100 user on ATT who just switched to T-Mobile mainly to use their 100 GB hotspot data plan and the MR6150. This plan is obviously for heavy data users who need a mobile device, and the M6 is obviously the best device and is promoted as “Unlocked and T-Mobile compatible.” Obviously this isn’t accurate. I want to know what is being done to resolve this problem.

I contacted T-Mobile Support and heard a lot of double talk:

T-Mobile Support: 

“T-Mobile cannot and does not guarantee the functionality or performance of any handsets or devices that were not sold by T-Mobile or an authorized dealer of T-Mobile ("Non-T-Mobile Devices") for use on the T-Mobile network or while roaming on any other network. Nor do we guarantee the functionality of any handsets or devices that do not have a software version that was sold or updated by T-Mobile.

We strongly recommend you to contact the manufacturers of your Non-T-Mobile Devices with any questions or problems regarding the functionality, operation, or performance of their Non-T-Mobile Devices.”

Also this:

“T-Mobile allows this devices to get a service or data plan with us. However, since this is a non-tmobile device, we can no longer guarantee its functionality as a whole.

But it still allows and possible to get a service with us with the device you have.”

Netgear Support said that the M6 is “certified but not approved” on T-Mobile. Again, this is double talk that overlooks the fact that it does not work on the biggest mobile hotspot data plan they have.

This has been confirmed that T-Mo 100GB plan is not for BYOD devices, like MR6150. Please use 50GB BYOD plan with MR6150. 

Carrier plans are out of our control. The carriers can determine what plan can work with what devices. With T-Mo Non-stock cert, it will make sure the device works with T-Mo BYOD plans. The maximum BYOD plan should 50GB plan.

Thanks

Thanks

John

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7