× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk m1 shuts down

Pt1936
Tutor

Nighthawk m1 shuts down

Using  in a motorhome in storage off 5v usb supply. After about 4 days unit shuts down. Only way to restart is to remove battery then attach to power. Unit only a few months old. Battery is fully charged.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

@Pt1936 wrote:

Is that also the case for constant dc power? It’s in a motorhome, plugged into a usb power supply. I’ll try it without the battery. 

The power supply converts to DC power anyway. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you have it on constant ac power, it shouldn't have the battery in it. 

Message 2 of 6
Pt1936
Tutor

Is that also the case for constant dc power? It’s in a motorhome, plugged into a usb power supply. I’ll try it without the battery. 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@Pt1936 wrote:

The power supply converts to DC power anyway. 

Message 4 of 6
Pt1936
Tutor

Hi. Yes I’m aware of that, but there isn’t a 240v supply in the motorhome, works off solar and 12v batteries. I’ve plugged it into usb without battery. See what happens. Thanks
Message 5 of 6
Pt1936
Tutor

Seems to be ok plugged into usb power supply once battery removed. I had a different mifi unit in previously, that worked with battery in when left permanently plugged into usb. Thanks for your suggestion, I would not have thought about removing the battery as seems unusual! 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7