× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Port Forwarding not working M5 (MR5200)

TmacTradingLtd
Apprentice

Port Forwarding not working M5 (MR5200)

I have a port forwarded to my raspberry pi but I cannot connect to it from outside my network.  I have contacted EE and they have told me to contact netgear support

I can connect to my raspberry pi using VNC server but this is not what I need.  I am going to be using No-Ip (dynamic dns to setup my 3CX Phone system on my Raspberry Pi, since Amazon are no longer doing Free Ec2 Instances.  I need to be able to confirm that I can connect in from the outside, as I will need to configure my Static Sip trunk IP from Twillio to connect in to my 3cx instance on my raspberry pi.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Port Forwarding not working M5 (MR5200)

@TmacTradingLtd wrote:

I have a port forwarded to my raspberry pi but I cannot connect to it from outside my network.  I have contacted EE and they have told me to contact netgear support

I can connect to my raspberry pi using VNC server but this is not what I need.  I am going to be using No-Ip (dynamic dns to setup my 3CX Phone system on my Raspberry Pi, since Amazon are no longer doing Free Ec2 Instances.  I need to be able to confirm that I can connect in from the outside, as I will need to configure my Static Sip trunk IP from Twillio to connect in to my 3cx instance on my raspberry pi.

Thanks

As we understand, most of the carriers don't allow remote access to the LA Network behind MR5200. In US< some carriers provide the special APN with VPN support and fixed IP address to the business customers with extra subscription.

Please contact EE to see whether they have such service.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
TmacTradingLtd
Apprentice

Re: Port Forwarding not working M5 (MR5200)

I already did and they sent me over here...
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7