× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Slow speeds with Nighthawk M2

bilton
Follower

Slow speeds with Nighthawk M2

Hi there,

I have the Nighthawk M2 Router and am having trouble getting any decent speeds with it. When testing the 4G internet speed using my iPhone I get download speeds of 200+Mbps, whereas when I am connected to the Nighthawk M2 the speeds drops right down to 25-30Mbps. Both the Nighthawk M2 and my iPhone have Telstra sim cards so I wouldn't expect there to be much difference in the internet speeds in the same location. Both the iPhone and the Nighthawk router display comparable RSRP signals strengths.

Any ideas on how to improve the speed using the Nighthawk M2?

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 3
MrEvents
Aspirant

Re: Slow speeds with Nighthawk M2

Hi, I’m having the same issue but worse.

Also Telstra user, both iPhone and nighthawk m2.

Had 180Mbps down to about 0.1-1.5Mbps
Phone sits at 30Mbps all the time, (no antenna) and hasn’t changed ever so it’s not reception or tower issues as far as I know.

I’m about to replace the battery as they suck and maybe there’s a failsafe to slow the internet speed if the battery is getting too hot? And if the battery **bleep** itself maybe it’s always seen as too hot.. I don’t know but I’m gonna get a new one and test.

Honestly just find a different 4g device, this thing has been a nightmare for me 😂
Message 2 of 3
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Slow speeds with Nighthawk M2

I will ask our Australian SE to follow up with your guys to find some details.

Regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7