× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: What kind of ping can i expect from the M1?

Konky
Initiate

What kind of ping can i expect from the M1?

TIdr: I am a soldier stationed in a major german city, we do have internet in the barracks which is acceptable in terms of speed but absolutely abysmal in terms of latency so ive been looking at the nighthawk m1 as a possible solution for a stable, low latency internet connection for some good ol counterstrike and whatnot. Now im pretty new to all of this stuff and im just wondering what exactly determines what kinda ping/ping and connection stability i can expect from this device? Ive seen some people pull of pretty impressively low values but am just unsure if ill be able to replicate these, thanks in advance 🙂
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

I don't think so. At least I'm not aware of any.

You can always try it and return the device if not satisfied.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Latency does not depend so much on the router but on the provider and signal you're getting, so it's virtually impossible to say what you'll get.
Message 2 of 5
Konky
Initiate

Yea i pretty much figured, though is there any kinda method to test what sort of results id get? Bedore i commit to a 400€ purchase that is?
Message 3 of 5
microchip8
Master

I don't think so. At least I'm not aware of any.

You can always try it and return the device if not satisfied.
Message 4 of 5
jataayu1
Aspirant

What kind of ping can i expect from the M1?

I am a soldier stationed in a major german city, we do have internet in the barracks which is acceptable in terms of speed but absolutely abysmal in terms of latency so ive been looking at the nighthawk m1 as a possible solution for a stable, low latency internet connection for some good ol counterstrike and whatnot. Now im pretty new to all of this stuff and im just wondering what exactly determines what kinda ping/ping and connection stability i can expect from this device? Ive seen some people pull of pretty impressively low values but am just unsure if ill be able to replicate these, thanks in advance 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7