× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Which Netgear wifi range extender will work with my NETGEAR Fuse Mobile Hotspot?

Andy999
Aspirant

Which Netgear wifi range extender will work with my NETGEAR Fuse Mobile Hotspot?

Hi,

Which Netgear wifi range extender will work with my NETGEAR Fuse Mobile Hotspot? Some of the range extenders can only be configured using a LAN port.  But my MacBook Air has no such port, so I'd need to configure it wirelessly. And which Netgear extender will be the easiest to set up?  

Andy L

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Which Netgear wifi range extender will work with my NETGEAR Fuse Mobile Hotspot?

Hello Andy999

The Ex6400 allows setup thew wifi or WPS as long as you can connect to it with a wireless device you are able to set it up.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX6400.aspx

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Andy999
Aspirant

Re: Which Netgear wifi range extender will work with my NETGEAR Fuse Mobile Hotspot?

Hi Darren M

Thanks for your help, but the EX6400 is not available on the Netgear website or on Amazon, but the Nighthawk is.  Will that range extender work?  Also, do I need something so robust?  I don't live in a house. My apartment is about 1000 sq. feet and maybe 50 feet long. Are there other Netgear extenders that will do the same thing, but aren't such powerhouses?

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Andy999

If your looking for something more basic then the Ex2700 may work for you this can be configured over wireless as well.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX2700.aspx#tab-support

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7