× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Why is LTE on iPhone always faster than Nighthawk M1??

krenisab4
Aspirant

Why is LTE on iPhone always faster than Nighthawk M1??

Hey Community!

I have a technical question that I can't fully answer myself. Why do I often see that the same LTE connection (in urbanized areas usually) is much much faster in downloading speed on my iPhone 12/13 than my Nighthawk M1 modem?

Because of that, I'm starting to have doubts about why I use my Nighthawk modem while I'm traveling. IMO, even the coverage/signal is better or more stable with iPhone with hotspot while in motion (train/car, etc).

I'd like to first understand the differences that are significant during my testing (same network, same sim card, etc). For example, Nighthawk shows 50-60 Mbit/s while iPhone can show about 120-150 Mbit/s on the test... All on the LTE (forced). No 5G...

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Why is LTE on iPhone always faster than Nighthawk M1??

I'm not saying this 100%, but it could be how your ISP prioritizes data. My parents have Verizon on their phones and a home hotspot. the phones will hit 400mbps, but the hotspot maxes out at 50mbps because that's what Verizon prioritizes it and its speeds at for hotspots in their area. Again, not saying that's the issue but its a potential

Message 2 of 3
krenisab4
Aspirant

Re: Why is LTE on iPhone always faster than Nighthawk M1??

@krenisab4 wrote:

Hey Community!

I have a technical question that I can't fully answer myself. Why do I often see that the same LTE connection (in urbanized areas usually) is much much faster in downloading speed on my iPhone 12/13 than my Nighthawk M1 modem?

Because of that, I'm starting to have doubts about why I use my Nighthawk modem while I'm traveling. IMO, even the coverage/signal is better or more stable with iPhone with hotspot while in motion (train/car, etc).

I'd like to first understand the differences that are significant during my testing (same network, same sim card, etc). For example, Nighthawk shows 50-60 Mbit/s while iPhone can show about 120-150 Mbit/s on the test... All on the LTE (forced). No 5G...

Thank you

i got this... https://tutuapp.uno/ 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series