× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Will a AT&T Netgear AirCard 815S or Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 LTE mobile hotspot work on Verizon?

kabir14
Follower

Will a AT&T Netgear AirCard 815S or Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 LTE mobile hotspot work on Verizon?

AT&T service is unreliable in my area. Sometimes it's fine, other times I can't even ping google. I'm going to get an unlimited backup mobile hotspot plan through Visible or Nomad Internet. Visible is most attractive because it's as low as $25/month for unlimited data. Visible runs on Verizon... but I have both an AT&T AirCard 815S and an AT&T Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotpot. It would be great if I could use one of these, but I can't find any definitive info on running either of them on Verizon. Does anyone have any advice or experience here?

Message 1 of 2
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Will a AT&T Netgear AirCard 815S or Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 LTE mobile hotspot work on Veri

Both AC815 and MR1100 are not Verizon certified. That means you can't activate a brand new SIM from Verizon network with these devices. But if you can activate a Verizon or Visible SIM card on a certified device, you can use the SIM card on AC815S and MR1100. You need to adjust your APN setting accordingly. This may be challenging sometimes.

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series