× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: lm1200 not working on mobile data

bmwalton14
Follower

lm1200 not working on mobile data

I bought my lm1200 modem with the understanding that with the unlimated straight talk plan, that it would work on the unlimated data network. Upon using it for about a week, it suddenly disconnect from the internet (even though the modem shows that it is fully connected to the internet). While researching my problem, I found that the modem had been working off of the mobile hotspot part of my straight talk plan (which is capped off at 10 gb of usage) rather than the 4g lte unlimeted data network. Is there a way to make it use the normal 4g lte data from the sim card rather than the mobile hotspot? 

Message 1 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please explain how you set up the LM1200? I don't understand why it used your mobile hotspot plan?

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 11
Berylfyre
Aspirant

Could you tell me how you even set the modem up on straight talk please? I cant get it to accept the imei #. i can hardly hear or understand customer support.
Message 3 of 11
Egoodwin
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I have used the 15gb of hotspot and now it's no use to me
Message 4 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Berylfyre wrote:
Could you tell me how you even set the modem up on straight talk please? I cant get it to accept the imei #. i can hardly hear or understand customer support.

Do you know which network your Straight Talk uses? Could you please capture a model.json file and send the provide message to me?

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
hyperfive
Tutor

I am having the same issue. It seems to be using a small amount of data and the rest hotspot data. How can I get it to use only regular data on T-Mobile
Message 6 of 11
Richard0704
Aspirant

Hi I have the same problem my lm1200 is using just the mobile hotspot, have anyone solve this problem yet?
Message 7 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Richard0704 wrote:
Hi I have the same problem my lm1200 is using just the mobile hotspot, have anyone solve this problem yet?

Please advise the carrier and SIM plan used. Seems you SIM card support phone data plan and also mobiel hotspot data plan with one card. Please ask your carrier how they separate the 2 plans on the network side, using different APNs?

Thanks

Message 8 of 11
Richard0704
Aspirant

I use a tmobile plan for a cellphone I just remove the SIM card from the cellphone an inserted in the modem. I will go to a T-Mobile and ask about it.
Message 9 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Richard0704 wrote:
I use a tmobile plan for a cellphone I just remove the SIM card from the cellphone an inserted in the modem. I will go to a T-Mobile and ask about it.

The device is certified with T-Mo and it will work with T-Mo BYOD mobile hotspot data plan. You may have to switch your phone plan to mobile hotspot data plan or simply get a new SIM card for BYOD plan to use with LM1200.

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@BunkerS1 wrote:

Pleased to see your issue as I think I have the same problem, I am also confused and in need of light on this same issue.

MyeClass Login

Can you help to capture a model.json file with the SIM card inserted in the device and send it to me via Private message?

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.5.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.5.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7