× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: nighthawk mr1100 rebooting

csalter430
Aspirant

nighthawk mr1100 rebooting

i have the mr1100 and i cant get it to stop rebooting i've changed charge blocks and cables tried battery in and out nothing works any suggestions 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 12
Oxygene
Apprentice

With or without battery? I have the same issue without battery. They say you must have at least 5V 2.4A charger plus quality cables.

I hate Netgear for ignoring the issues like charging the battery and so on... once you buy you are ignored...

Message 2 of 12
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @csalter430 and @Oxygene

May we request for the following information: 

Device SKU (MR1100-xxx)
Network
Firmware version 

PRI
Battery model and part number (P/N) 
How often does it reboot? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 12
Troxter
Aspirant

Mine just started rebooting last week. Makes it real hard to game. My firmware is NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00. AT&T sim card. Not sure how often, but seems like every 30 minutes to every hour. I am 1 month out of my warranty period; but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 12
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Troxter

Please provide the requested information above. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 12
Troxter
Aspirant

I spoke with support last night, they have all the information on my file. I was told that it is a firmware issue and netgear is working to resolve the problem. Thank you for reaching out.

Message 6 of 12
csalter430
Aspirant

It does it both ways and I've tried with quick Chargers with smart ID and quality cables seems to work for awhile then starts again
Message 7 of 12
Troxter
Aspirant

Blanca,

Is NETGEAR going to reimburse internet charges since I, or anyone with the same problem, cannot use the router, but am being billed by the month for internet? Tech support told me you guys are at fault, now I'm loosing money because of that, as are many people.

Message 8 of 12
Troxter
Aspirant

Any word on an update on firmware? This is getting old. It reboots connected to wall, to computer via USB, with or without battery and is doing it before I can enter new password upon hard reset. So it happens between every 1 to 3 min. Please either send out a new one or get the firmware updated.

Message 9 of 12
Troxter
Aspirant

So, I suppose Netgear is just letting the reboot issue go. I've called support several times and I keep getting the same answer, "our team is working on new firmware that should fix the problem". But I can't log onto my personal internet now, what are you going to do NOW??? 

I really dislike having to waste my time posting to a forum.....

Message 10 of 12
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

This has been brought up already to engineers and are already aware of the issue. We are working on a fix and it will be pushed out in next couple of weeks.  

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 11 of 12
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

A new firmware was released for MR1100-100NAS and MR1100-100EUS. Kindly check your devices and update the firmware. 

Release notes: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061333/MR1100-Firmware-Version-NTG9x50C-12-06-07-00-00

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7